New Hummie Hubs!

@Hummie How do you think TB calculated 8000 watts? image

With magic. 80 amps peak w nominal 12s wonā€™t get there either.

3 Likes

1 Like

Quite frankly Iā€™m afraid to go over 80amps on 4wd lol

2 Likes

What amps do you run per vesc on 4wd?

Even 80x50.4 only gives you just over 4000 watts.

Donā€™t think for a minute that motor will be able to do more than 3000 watts con, same with hummie hubs.

Once you get a certain size, which tourque boards has defiantly hit, you should be able to put more watts into it than most will be able to supply from their batteries.

1 Like

80a motor and 40a batt

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s nice. I was running 120a motor and 30a battery on each of my hummie hubs in 4wd. Hopeing to double that once I get the vesc 6ā€™s.

2 Likes

Jesus lol well one day if my board feels too slow Iā€™ll get the courage to up the amps haha

Just curious, probably will dial it back as idk if hummies hubs will like 3000 watts con per motor for 1.8 miles uphill!

1 Like

Especially since iā€™ll need to shave at least 3mm off the stator to fit the sensors.

What battery are you using?

Now, Iā€™m using a 12s 25ah zippy lipo. Theoretically, it can discharge over 3000 amps at once, haha.

2 Likes

Damn guys. Those must be fucking rockets.

I am only going to be able to fit 60 cells, so

60-80 motor amps And 25 battery amps.

That will still haul ass right? Or should I do it on a board I can fit more in?

BTW it will be TB DD 90kv

1 Like

idk, I like a lot of power. Iā€™m assuming youā€™ll be using big wheels also, so youā€™ll lose torque there.

I honestly donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to use all 12000 watts that the vescā€™s will be set to see. I might just get spinning wheels or thrown off the board, haha. But for scienceā€¦

I also donā€™t like li-ion as it just sags too much for me. Lipos pack a better punch on the hard accelerations (discharge curve is better, probably cause the C rating is way higher on lipo)

1 Like

Yeah, I will be using the 110s.

Unless I can hunt down some Hummie hubs before I get the DDs, then I might put the 4wd on a deck that I can fit 12s6p or so and put Hummies on the Recurve.

Timing is everything, lol.

1 Like

Well weā€™ll seeā€¦ If I can get the sensored hummie hubs running before the Barrett Junction Race, Iā€™ll be sellng these guys Iā€™m riding right now.

4 Likes

probably 50.4V x 80A = 4032W (its a dual setup soā€¦8064W) given 0 sag and top voltageā€¦

I wonder if a motor of that size, or this size, would saturate before getting to what 80 amps could potentially produce in torque. Thereā€™s only so much conversion from current to torque possible based on the material n size of the stator.

2 Likes

One step closer, just waiting on a stator to use. Hummie is officially out of stators after he sends the last of the orders.

Takes about 4.4mm of space in total. So shaving 5mm off the stator so a 4747 instead of 4752.

6 Likes