New Hummie Hubs!

I think u could come up with a peak power output on the dyno, which I’d like to see, without damaging anything by increasing motor amps until it no longer produced torque linearly with each amp or you could figure it mathematically based on the volume of iron in the stator and a bunch of other variables. This peak power would really be a peak torque rating but still more of a concrete number without variables that could change, but the continuous power output would be harder to state as there’s no definition of “continuous power” in terms of time. How long is continuous? All day or as long as a 600 watthour battery lasts? And while you could do the test on a bench at room temp that will be removing the ability of airflow to remove the heat and the ambient temp would vary in real use as well. Also the speed the test would be done would greatly determine the potential power with the motor going faster adding to total wattage output. At different speeds you’d get different power ratings and likely the fastest speed producing the most. As a rider looking to not destroy the motor you’re good to 300f with the magnets but I wouldn’t go anywhere near that number and I consider 160f a reasonable max temp. The hotter you get the more inefficient as well as electrical resistance rises with heat as well as hysteresis in the iron.

Likely the biggest limitation is the Pu. If you’re repeately getting to 200f you should occasionally take the tire off and look at its interface with the motor looking for wear or stretching.

In the practical world you should take the motor off, clean and flatten the contact area between it and the hanger and add thermal paste there and all along the axle. That will do a lot for pulling heat away and keeping the motor cool

Be aware how your bearings sound and roll from their first use going forward and also the Pu fit to the motor. And maybe seal the inner holes on the motor and you’ll have no worries.

2 Likes

Good luck getting your wheels off, haha. I tried the other day, they need to be pressed off from my experience.

At 1200 watts con per motor, I was not able to break 160F, even after a couple of miles. I will find out soon I think as I’m planning on getting vesc 6’s and doubling that to around 2500 watts per motor.

What’s the insulation temp rating?

On the wire? 200c Essex wire. The highest I could get. also vacuum impregnated with Epic Resin stuff.

1 Like

Why you say that after you sent mine :frowning: they are held at custom RN I really hope they don’t charge me too much !

If u wrote me asking to state a certain value and I didn’t, write me and I’ll pay your fees

I asked you but when I paid the order 10 month ago so I can’t really blame you if you forgot. I should’ve insisted on that point I’ll keep you updated !

1 Like

Yes, for the windings.

If u find it written in our messages I’ll pay whatever. No sweat my fault.

2 Likes

It sucks how customs can fuck so much up. The point is to allow innovation in your own country with less competition (i.e. to push you to buy local), but what about when you can’t buy local? Seem’s like if a product can’t be bought locally, there shouldn’t be any customs.

@Hummie Yeah it’s what I thought I asked for it more than a year ago ! Time flies ! Screenshot_20181206-230022

1 Like

It’s happening…

13 Likes

Will the sensors work in that orientation? I was testing mine this week and they only sensed if the magnet was parallel to the label face

1 Like

That was quick. Haha. No I hope for the best. ((I would rather just have more motor)). 3mm more!!

I put them like this in the v1 hummie hubs will not issues.

Honestly the magnetic field is so strong I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

2 Likes

image image image

12 Likes

gimme gimme. I see you also grinded down pcb just like @Hummie.

2 Likes

If you want 2 I have 2 extra. Hummie doesn’t want them. But you’ll need to press new motors.

dont think I’ll need them yet. maybe in the future tho.

I sanded btw. Hummie grinded, haha

1 Like