New Hummie Hubs!

This ^^^

I also think Hummie was perfectly reasonable with the resolution there. If you still aren’t happy with it, decline and let the motors go to someone else.

2 Likes

Myself and @Hummie are going to :kissing_heart: and makeup like grown-ups, sorry to all the popcorn affectionados. What’s more I would be delighted for a massive rip of just about anyone’s bong on this forum

Sorry to the vultures looking to pick up some EU-based hummie-drives, they stay

Only this remains What’s more I’m getting really tired of seeing myself as Mr Potato head, fuck you too @TowerCrisis :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

These motors have the best available magnets with the best epoxy and the best thane available using quality steel etc etc. “cheap” is relative to what you would pay for the same product somewhere else. I’m pretty sure, with all the high quality parts and time invested in these that john would be lucky to be making any money at all… I think that’s probably half the reason he can’t offer to pay for your shipping again so that you can dodge an import tax that you are meant to pay anyway…

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion… Just pay your taxes. *shrugs

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, I now feel like a bridge troll :grin:

In seriousness, sucks that shipping is a mess. Import taxes really suck, especially for such low overhead low volume and high value products. Also, I didn’t realize you’re in Ireland!

By the way, I have yet to see a set of hummie hubs in the wild, but I hope to at whatever event I go to next :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hummie @banjaxxed I’ll take them

1 Like

piss off mike I called them first :joy:

If I can afford them by the time theyre available…

youll probably end up with them anyways :rofl: :sob:

1 Like

After a rest and seeing I told I’d undervalue the package at 50$ for you a couple times I’ll pay whatever fees you encounter @banjaxxed. It’s not your fault things are disorganized on my end and a lesson learned for me

And we can go just dm to stop the drama as asked by the folks here

21 Likes

why wouldn’t you want to use them, after riding mine I love the thrill and power of them, but they also feel smooth like a normal longboard, hummmie convinced me to ride them

If anyone else got motors from me and asked me to devalue the motors and I didn’t please dm me. I’m totally in the wrong on that and been fighting it in my mind. I want all you custys happy. It’s not like we didn’t meet and I just threw it in a box. Have much respect for you all helping me get them made.

19 Likes

You are a stand up guy. Well done. Admitting you are wrong is awesome and I wish this was the norm for everyone when they are wrong.

I also do understand why a person wouldn’t but that’s wrong kind of thinking in my beliefs.

10 Likes

Come out to BaeSk8 group ride on saturdays and I’ll let you ride mine.

1 Like

I have an extra set of these I would be willing to part with if anyone is interested. Brand new, no bullet connectors on the phase wires. Would prefer to ship domestically or local pickup NYC. $550 shipped

3 Likes

I’ll take em. Pm ing

Hopefully second in line for those…

1 Like

What is the max power rating for these hubs in watts?

flat%2C550x550%2C075%2Cf

2 Likes

Jk, I have no idea.

3 Likes

Are you going to be doing arctic mountains or tropical? The temp limit of the magnets is 300f and that’s maybe the limit of the motor

You’d need a proper benchtest in a torquebench to rate them. Ideally you’d set the max power output in roomtemp conditions and the top rated power would be when they run without issue but any higher would destroy them basically. Not sure what the top margins are but probably around 20-25%. If i was still in uni I could test them in the power lab. Its easly done with a 3 phase motor mounted on the other end and letting the hummies rotate it. You apply more and more current to the connected motor to increase load on the hummies and eventually things get hot. It’s abit scary but very intresting.

I guess one could improvise a DIY torquebench as well. Readings might not be as reliable tho