New Hummie Hubs!

Pretty sure if a package is returned to sender, they must pay for the cost of if being returned to them. Then pay for shipping back again, by this time paying for international shipping 3 times …

1 Like

You are correct. Been there done that…

4 Likes

sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Based on this shipping cost Hummie posted above, that would come to $225 in just shipping just so you don’t have to a little extra for something that you are required to pay.

1 Like

I didn’t sell them for 575. I don’t know what to do but if u decline the package and it comes back to me I’m not going to pay the shipping cost again. Me posting a lower value puts me in danger to begin with and I’ve had things disappear in the mail and have to pay that. Can’t value it super low and insure it at the real value

I can send extra tires and wheels later to compensate u as they don’t cost me as much and I have them. That’s what I can offer. I know I said I’d value it lower. My mistake. I get easily confused w shipping and my fault but when push comes to shove this is a lot of work for me and I like it to a degree but I’m not going to straight lose cash money for such a thing. If u had trouble with the motors or something that would be a different situation and I’d help any way and I had people ship stuff back to get it right. You tell me what u want and this week we can figure it all.

2 Likes

470$. What u want? It’s in the mail.

Square up meaning what? I’m not paying ur import duty. Before u bought them there wasn’t agreed that I’d do 50$. Legally I don’t feel responsible in fact it puts me in jeopardy with false value claims but I’ll pay half. And then when it disappears what am I on the hook for? Full value? Because I can’t insure the real value and claim it a low value

3 Likes

So I have done a little google on duty and import cost for Ireland and from what I have found Ireland has a typical duty cost of between 5-8% and a VAT of 23%. Using the values to work out the expected extra costs gives me this:

importcost

Even including the USPS custom clearance fee, it gives a total of €170 extra. While I acknowledge that it’s pretty shitty to have to pay extra on pretty much everything that we import into the EU, but on the other hand, your wanting have them sent back and have them sent again with a lower declared value of $50.

$75 to send back, $75 to have them sent again. Total is now €132 plus the new import cost at the lower fee with shipping.

importcost%20again

and now your right back at the same cost with all the added waste of time.

Feel free to correct anything I may have missed.

3 Likes

Really?

I’d just accept those hubs because they seem to be the raddest hubs out on the market and swallow my wallets pride.

It’s always a risk for us europe buyers from the usa and sometimes we get lucky and most times we don’t.

Even if they ship with a low value amount it can still happen that we have to pay import and so on for delivery. It’s happened to me when I bought the flipsky dual and they stated value of $50.

No one here wants to pay whatever you need to pay to buy them from you?

5 Likes

Feel free to share with me what parts of that math are incorrect and I will correct it for you.

damn hey hummie if he returns these Can i get on the list for them :rofl:

3 Likes

@Hummmm

download

3 Likes

From my looking at what u paid you haven’t even paid for the shipping or any tariff or whatever so let’s figute it when they arrive and we know what extra you’d have to pay

@banjaxxed @Hummie, y’all need to take this to PM. Specifically, be aware that pretty much all government agencies monitor forums like this.

6 Likes

I want to share a J with Hummie one day :rofl:

life goals

6 Likes

ahahahaha… Honestly, been so frustrated before because hummie does not work well high. But it’s fun to smoke with him.

Honestly hummie, this is why you need an a shopping cart system. That way, you can keep track of notes like this. You keep telling me paypal is all you need, it’s all there. Well you seemed to have missed one order from what you told me the other day, and then you lose notes like this. Though I get your situation with the insurance. But if he wants that done, he needs to sign something to take responsibility for if it gets lost.

Honestly, I think it’s a stupid risk to not have insurance. But these things need to be agreed upon before shipping…

4 Likes

I would be happy for a package of Hummies be returned to me. But, maybe thats not what you meant. Lol. How sad.

12 Likes

Well Hummie has said the hubs cost $470, so I got that part right.

He has a screenshot of the receipt showing a cost of $75 for shipping, so I got that part right.

The VAT rate for Ireland is 23% as listed in the source that I provided, so I got that part right.

The only thing that is left for debate is the import duty cost, that I selected the higher end of the typical value that applies to items imported from the USA because I can’t be fucked looking through pages of pages to find right the correct TARIC commodity code in the TARIC database.

But hey, keep on having a cry and I’ll sit back and enjoy the salt.

2 Likes

But I might have written a low value anyway @banjaxxed .U get what you get: motors. I’m too frustrated w the po and all the stuff associated with international shipping. Sick of researching the legal dangers of under valuing. Or trying to calculate shipping in advance. M I’m almost done with sending them all out and that’s 40 sets with no shipping hitches till now. Sure I say I’ll value it whatever and forgot. I can offer u half the import cost fees if someone feels screwed on that…because I’m finally almost fucking done. If I haven’t sent urs yet I can undervalue it though and hopefully I remember.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear for the both of you that this purchase has not gone well.

Both parties have explained themselves.

I think it’s cool that @Hummie is willing to pay for half of the import should there be any. I also think it’s not cool that he didn’t state the $50 value if that’s the case.

I think it’s cool that @banjaxxed wanted these hubs. I think it’s not cool to complain about charges that have yet to happen or not. I think it’s not cool that hummie was attacked for being a stoner. I didn’t know he was one and I don’t really care for this info.

Also who cares what I think.

Also this should have been a pm between you two from the start.

14 Likes