New Hummie Hubs!

52x10x3 curved. Seeing if I can get some made 52x10.1x3 n get full fill. 14 magnets. Curved. N48sh niodimium

2 Likes

Ehhhh so perfect… @Hummie when you’ll do your Kickstarter?

O shit dare I say a date or say two weeks again. Lately talking to people who’ve done Kickstarter and they say I’ll need like 6 months to make it “proper” and lure in people. Need to check off all the marketing boxes

4 Likes

Just a thought @Hummie … What if you have 9mm magnets and put 16 of them. Wouldn’t that make things smoother?

Possibly. Probably. The 14 magnets paired with the 12 teeth is a pretty awesome combo though w high power factor

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke… You know the rest :grinning:

3 Likes

But better coasting is…you know the rest.

5 Likes

I need to learn this lesson desperately

The amount of hardware I fuck up… :face_with_monocle::joy:

@hummie are there to be any stretch goals for the campaign?

I wonder if you’ve cooked up any cool ideas in the meantime

1 Like

Stretch goal would be getting that other custom stator made for better coasting. And 91mm tires made too.

3 Likes

Have you decided if its just complete boards? Or are just motors gonna be available? 2wd and 4wd options? I’m excited for you to get this going. Hopefully ill be back at work by the time this launches

1 Like

No bigger than that? :frowning:

Obviously you know better… But I like my cushy wheels :grin:

Centrax = cushy as butt fat :grinning:

3 Likes

Getting a giant tire on the motor will make it inefficient even if a low kv. I don’t wven want to do the 91mm but people want it. The centrax are really cushy as he says. The width helps

Do t know what I’ll sell prob complete boards

2 Likes

Really :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I guess it’s also about rolling over the quarter sized sidewalk gaps… Thanks White plains :poop:

I was thinking about upgrading my hubs at a later date anyways… Hopefully I can get these when they’re available:)

Thanks for the response hummie and manner

1 Like

I guess I should prolly apologize to you. A year and a half ago we were talking and I tried like crazy to get you to make 90mm wheels. You’ve totally changed my mind.

Centrax 83mm wheels ride as good as flywheel 97mm wheels. Different comound, different results I guess. Anyways, you were absolutely correct. If you sell more hubs, I want another set of 83s.

I rode 20 miles today, almost empty when I got back to my front door, on crap asphalt with volcano flow like cracks. They rode as good as any thane I’ve ever ridden in those conditions.

10 Likes

What other stator? :thinking:

Sorry but someone that has kicked the @Hummie hubs these things coast really well…Easy kick board however the power is the addiction…This board just floats down hills… very different feel from belt driven boards.

3 Likes

@mmaner no apology please you and do many people are saying the same. They say it’s the future. I’m happy with these 84mm. They’re a bit bigger than centrax but I can’t see diff on the board. And u know the tire is pure experiment. So far showing well but only been maybe 6 months. It has no core and the interface w the motor is the area that it makes it or doesn’t. And it also shows to slightly expand when at top speed. I thought we’d need a core 8 months ago.

But I’m going to get some silver thermal paste glue. Silver something named. And cover the inner holes. I’ve never had a problem but surely stuff will be getting on there and should be sealed. If u come up with a better way to seal I’m looking. In the future have it sealed.

N u should get that thermal paste n clean the hanger of paint where it touches the motor. I told u.

1 Like

Is it safe to ride the hubs on slightly wet roads and sand or should I have tape on the holes? Is there any way to let me ride them in a thin layer of sand on a path/ride in the rain?

Just look at the winding factor first, I don’t remember if it stays the same, the stator is 14 slots? If the winding factor goes down too much you will loose torque for same current/heat loss

Take a look at the app available at emetor.com , does not work on mobile browsers