New Hummie Hubs!

image image image image image `Amazingly mikes photo with the yellow grip tape so far blows away all photos of what is essentially the same board. The magic of the hazard tape n lighting n even his messy background is too much

9 Likes

I cant wait to try the same setup once I get my unity :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point, not sure how long till the pcbā€™s will arrive. The sensors are already at Johns. It will work. But I need to find high heat wires to use for sensor wires. Those have to go into the oven since the board needs o be placed during pressing. Iā€™m thinking so sort of layer between the hub and sensor board, and the sensor boards end goal is to be glued to the hub, with the sensors going between the teeth, just fitting after shaving some of the stator off.

Oshpark has a 2 week turnkey I believe. Donā€™t remember off the top of my head. Alternatively thereā€™s bay area cuitcuit in the east bay. They are supper friendly and helpful.

Thatā€™s actually all the debris from the build. I usually clean up right after a build is finished but it was late and I was 11 Iā€™m to a 12 pack and tired :grinning:.

Thanks though, that means allot.

2 Likes

Love the board and hubs together. But I find I get a lot of wheel biteā€¦ soā€¦

4 Likes

For me it doesnā€™t bite, rather it rubs. But I changed the bushing and tightened it so that I really need to be standing on on side for it to touch.

It rubs until it bites for me lol. I have 200 lb of turning power and I like loser rather than tighter.

Putt some washers between hub and hanger. Thereā€™s plenty of thread on the left handled nut. Plus if you bend axle. There are plenty left. You just have to re thread them from 10mm right to 8mm left.

Itā€™s true. I feel safer with no washer for some reason though. I feel like that might create a weak point where it could bend. Maybe not. Idk. But this solved my problem. Much better turn radius now.

I havenā€™t have any issue with the axle so far. Iā€™m 150lb but I have ridden on pretty bad roads. Cough cough SF

ā€œRode em a ton those things were beautiful and rode like a magic carpet ā€œ @willpark16šŸ˜‚. writing crying and laughing together anytime I write his name. But heā€™s selling them to pay debts. I sympathize with will and I know thereā€™s a lot of crappily made batteries out there

Professor shartis was booted off the forum in other drama news. For something I didnā€™t understand, or maybe was his real Devin identity became known. I think @JohnnyMeduse figured it and let it out.

2 Likes

Honestly I think everyone knew he was Devin

7 Likes

Does anyone have that link to the BLDC tool settings that are good for hummies hubs I remember there being one but cant seem to find it

1 Like

Well after a few more days riding I think hub motors will make a significant impact on the future of drive system sales. The @Hummie hubs are extremely powerful as I have said in all aspects as good or better than my dual 6374 setup. They climb and accelerate hard and I have still not found top end yet. They also free wheel down hills like butter and breaking is as good as the belt drive.

The only thing missing is the ability to have different wheel choices for different riding applications. The ABEC 11 Centrex 83mm 80A is superb wheel and perfect size with huge contact patch. I have no desire for and alternative urethane wheel however it would be so awesome to be able to pop on some pneumatics like @psychotiller has on his six shooter hubs (6").

So we talked a little about this in the treads above and was interested if anyone would take on the challenge to design a (plug and play) option that would fit-up with the hub. I would if I had the abilities but at this point the design is over my capabilities.

Kevin

3 Likes

for performance high motor amps is nice, so at maybe 80 or even 100 per motor and then the battery amps maybe start low at around 25 each motor and then start bumping up depending what you like and youā€™d feel that variable more at higher speed. and change the foc switching frequency to 30,000 makes it much quieter. brakes I forget what I set it to but i wouldnā€™t worry about damaging the batteries and feel your way along with the battery and motor amp limits there to see what you like. i think the negative amp settings work similar to the amp settings and determine brake power at the different speeds, with motor being at the slow speeds and battery being at the high speeds.

2 Likes

Wonder how wide the stance would be with wheels attached to the exterior surface of the hubs would be. Youā€™d probably need a custom hanger (narrow) with a long axel.

@Hummie Iā€™m trying to understand how motors works but stated magnets size doesnā€™t make sense. They are 9mm wide but what is the length and thickness?

1 Like

Iā€™ll let hummie confirm but I believe them to be 54x9x2mm, now, heā€™s doing a 54x10x2mm which is giving less rolling resistance.

I know the stator is a 4752.

2 Likes

Thank you. And there are 12 magnets inside the can?

1 Like