N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Which hardware set do I buy if I want to 3d print the 2s4p pack myself?

It is a modified 8p Pack. So the 8p hardware set. Only thing you need to do is a bit of cutting.

Buying the fasteners in bulk makes it really cost effective(only if you are 3D printing your own boxes, otherwise, I would say, just get everything from 18650.lt). Agnius uses spring loaded japanese bolts that are really good at preventing unscrewing due to vibration, but I just use locktight to do the same. Just a bit messier and a bit more inconvenient.

If you are in the US, then you can buy it from: M5 Bolt M5 square nut M2.9 screw

image image image

BTW guys, I modified the module to have a support bar in between(thickness can be increased). Now we should be able to do up to 2S8P modules. He appreciated the change but said that since most of his sales come from 8P modules, so doesnā€™t make sense to change the existing design, but if you want to use the NESE hardware and have something more than 2S4P, then let me know, I can provide the stl/solidworks for any size upto 2S8P(for free of course). @agnius do let me know if you think itā€™s alright to do so. image

5 Likes

nice work. i am more interest in a 21700 version. we could still use his hardware taps, just need to make an extrusion so they stay centered on the terminals.

Yeah, absolutely, everything is parametric, as long as the diameter of cells is same as, or less than, 18650 , I can make a module for you.

Edit: but I just checked and it seems the diameter of those cells is at max 21.22mm, so thatā€™s not going to work with the tabs that he has.

well look at it this way. You make everything a bit bigger to fit 21700 and then you ā€œmillā€ pockets for the 18650 taps but position them centered over the 21700. This is a rough idea of what i mean. You basicly make a pocket into the wall for the ā€œoldā€ tabs and just make the rest of the body bigger for bigger batteries. Untitled Edit: This will make them a bit wider than normal.

@agniusm when I purchase a 10s 3p hardware kit on the website, do I get 1s 3p modules or 2s 3p modules?

Do you have a rendering of this?

You would purchase 5 qty of 2s3p modules

Itā€™s similar to the module above just has space for more cells. I am travelling until Wednesday. Iā€™ll send after that.

Hardware kits are tabs only. Its for those peeps printing their own enclosures @mishrasubhransu You can mod as you want mate. Just a clarification that you cannot make 2S8P module, only 8P+8P so you will need to do external loop at the top of the pack. Applies to everything above 4P.

Aah, so thatā€™s the nomenclature. 8P+8P is what I meant.

Enclosures are simple. Its just a matter of scaling exsisting one plus changing holes back. Problem is tabs unless you are thinking of making some diy tabs

no i thought about using yours. right, like you said, scaling is a non issue, but i thought to make a slot for the tabs into the wall of the module, so that they stay centered on the cells. It will make the module thicker than just scaling up, but first i have to finish my DD.

You canā€™t. You could use a thinner cell. Imagine that the bump centers are 18mm apart. You cant center a cell when they are 21mm apart unless you will hammer it flat to 18mm. Or you could use each second bump but thats a waste of space

1 Like

ah dang totally forgot that part^^ yeah ofc that is not possible.

1 Like

@agniusm my question is about the complete hardware sets http://18650.lt/index.php/product/n-e-s-e-hardware-set-2/ Is this for 10 1s 3p packs or would I get 5 sets for 2s 3p?

Edit: and yes, I have my own printer and plan on printing the cases myself

Sorry. You mentioned modules which confused me. Yes, just order 10s 3p and leave a note if you need it as 2s3p. I will make what you need. Cheers

1 Like

Just wodering if N.E.S.E will have some good deal for black friday/cyber monday :yum:, might get some module.

6 Likes