N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Thanks for this design, I have to try it as not completely happy with velco and wire. I did this to make it easier to print and no supports, printing now not sure if it is an improvement

1 Like

One more thing is to change fillets you have to chamfers. They print a lot better and final print will look much nicer.

It’s @mishrasubhransu’s design. In fact I made a boo-boo, I am using your original NESE cases so there is only mounting on the outside and nothing for the inside. In any event always good to collaborate

0.6mm nozzle on a volcano, not really suitable for this but 10m print time image

Looks good to me. Why do you think you made a boo-boo? Have you tested the springiness?

I’m using the original cases so there is two rows of cases and using this mounting system does not secure the inside of each row

It printed ok and seems just as :muscle:

I am a bit confused. Why do you have 2 rows of cases? Can I see your layout? Is it different from the one below? image

Edit: Now I get it. So you’ll have to create a new part that just joins the middle part together. Just a flat plate. It will remain suspended in air. You are effectively turning it into 4P+4P module.

Sounds like a plan, thanks bro

Mine are stacked.

Hi @agniusm, is the code working? I can’t get the site to recognize ‘Wintersale’

did you try capslock?

Caps or no caps, I get ‘code wintersale does not exist’

i am sure he will activate it soon.

Hi. Sorry, tried all caps? Should be working

yep all caps works.

BTW, just a heads up, I am expecting shortages of some bits as supplier is late with delivery. I will inform about the delay personally and it will be possible to cancle order with full refund if delay is unacceptable. Mainly concerns hardware not complete modules. Cheers

2 Likes

@banjaxxed. I have done a quick mock-up to see what could be done for you. I don’t know if it will be stiff enough but here, final dimensions: 167.1x74.2x16.7mm

slim_line

slim_line_2

I will run a print tomorrow. BTW your tabs are sent out as promised, today. Cheers

5 Likes

Thanks @agniusm please don’t expend any effort on my part, I had to butcher one of your stls in order to reach 13s pic incoming. Something like what you have may work in a Hummie deck build tho

Looking closer I probably should have waited nice minimalist design change there.

In the 2 channels I have available I only have room for terminal ends at the end of 2 really long packs, should not be an issue given their snug solid location image

Sone glue is needed to fuse them, both are in two parts given their size, I may try to cell fuse the anodes hence the markings on the packs by snipping individual ‘buttons’ from the tabs and fusing those to copper strips running parallel there is just enough space

Not sure how crap this charge-only BMS is, it will mean a new charging solution or modding a 12s charger with a potentiometer.

It would be nice to be able to take it to Denver (if I go) and borrow or buy cells stateside, 10 minute job, that maybe something that becomes common in esk8

1 Like

I do not expect anything. It was for my own exercise when I saw you try to slim it down. I did skinned it to less than a cell itself and just want to see how tough it will be with all that material scraped off. If it works, well, another option is always good.

2 Likes

For sure that would have worked and this includes a lid too! Really nice. Length was the killer for me. Someone will definitely use it you should release on your site with proviso that it needs to be supported and in a sealed environment

1 Like

20181223_100944

20181223_100959

Too flimsy for my taste to add to my shop but it works. Needs a vice to get it closed effortless. Good outcome is that it flexes length wise. So its probably thinest module ever :slight_smile: unless you hammer down a cell to oval :joy:

10 Likes