My obsession with idler pulleys

They certainly have them! But it ships in one to three months… :cry:

Which one? I receive them within a week every time. Check the other links and you’ll find one.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I’m cheering for you!! Think of it as research for the greater good!!

Happy hunting

I went to chat with someone from Amazon, and he said their warehouse is currently waiting on restock from the supplier so it could be a month. I have remeasured and figured out a 430mm is the best size. I found two on Amazon from BESTORQ for $22 with prime shipping.

Went with Bones Reds and spaced with 3 speed rings for total belt coverage.

3 Likes

my only gripe with bones reds as idlers is that there is no seal on the inside, which allows dirt right into the bearings

1 Like

I agree with @lowGuido for sure. Either remove the spacer between the bearings or add a shield to the back of each. I like mine with no gap, too much crap can get between

I have about 30 more, we will see how long they last. For science!

2 Likes

BUMP! I wanna see some more pictures on this thread! They’re so beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ya u rite

1 Like

@flywithgriff Any luck with the belts?

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Had to put 10 so I got past the charcacter limit)

1 Like

If you have 30 you should take a couple of shileds off the spares and put them on the back.

1 Like

Here’s a big boy idler.

4 Likes

:frowning: this thread is dying. Please mooooooooore pictures!

I think I’ll have some photos this weekend. I just got a 6mm tap, and all the hardware I needed. :grinning:

One of the best purchases I’ve ever made is a set of metric and sae taps, I have quite a bad habit of over tightening everything :joy:

3 Likes

Dude, SO TRUE!!! I never knew how bad I needed them. Now that I can thread my own needs, I have this feeling of empowerment that is quite ridiculous.

2 Likes

I ended up removing my idlers and haven’t had any problems.

what was the reason you removed the idlers?

I bet he didn’t get the right belt length @cwazy1