My Landwheel V4 Build

@Johno & @n_j_a_s:

You asked about the right time to buy a Landwheel. Someone recently contacted me privately to ask the same questions. I outlined the strengths and weaknesses and suggested he either A) wait for some L3-X testing results or B) order now but specify not to ship until the L3-X is proven. He chose option B and told me that Landwheel did take his order in that format. I think he understood it’s still a gamble but that he might save money relative to the eventual cost of a perfected unit. So you could negotiate with a Landwheel rep to see if you can get a lower price now for pre-ordering and perhaps an assurance of a refund if the L3-X is less than promised. Mike and I have dealt with the same reps ( Eileen & Michelle). Message Mike or Iprivately and we can provide an email address. I think there are a lot of different landwheel reps out there. I think our reps were pretty flexible. The two of you might also consider putting your two orders together to get a better price. I don’t know if that would work. It’s just a guess. My initial order was for 6. Mike ordered 2. Sometimes quantity gets you a better deal.

Hi @pkasanda

Thank you for your post. I understood that improvement of products is progressing. I’m looking forward to the official announcement of V5 release.

Thanks @pkasanda

The Landwheel is something I will keep an eye on, but for now I think I will be going for a self build. I’ve weighed up my options and I think that’s the best route for me at the moment. I am keen to try out a ready to run unit at some point and if V5/ L3-X revolves the issues with the V4 then I will pick one up.

I’m in contact with Michelle and she handles everything top noth :smiley:

@pkasanda

Hi guys, I just noticed this online, any ideas if this is actually the landwheel v5 (L3-X) or not? Sounds like it will be available mid November?

Checked with Eileen. She says the first few may come off the production line next week. She says Jason is focused entirley on the production line for the past few weeks.

And Jason checked in with me. In advance of units coming off the production line, he shipped me his own personal V3-x with 200 km on it. In theory it arrives at the US border on Monday. Then I have to drive across the border to pick it up. I’ll keep you posted.

pk

Thanks, going to wait on purchasing until I hear your review, fingers crossed.

I would wait for a good drive if it would minus the beta testers. I want this company to win.
Go Landwheel version 5!! Almost there.

Hey, guys

I bought only new 92mm wheel for hub motor. It feels good to run on a rough road.

But it could not be installed in V3. Can be installed only on V4. The V3 hub motor seems to be slightly larger than V4.

*My V4 is a 0-100% brake model so long distances are scary and I can not run.

Hi pkasanda, did you receive your landwheel?

where did you order the new PU wheels from?

Hi @davewood1982

I purchased directly from Eileen of LANDWHEEL customer staff. 1pcs is 15 USD x2 = 30 USD(shipping cost not include).

Probably shipping cost depends on the area you live in. I live in Japan.

ahh ok i tryed that but it just too much for shipping for me since i live in the UK

Received my L3-X kit with two lipo batteries. Waiting for dry weather now to give it a proper spin.

1 Like

Landwheel L3-X Reviews

how exactly are the hub wheels mounted onto the truck to lock into place? can we get a picture with the hub motor wheel off the truck??

I don’t have one with me at the moment. But the hub motor is locked on by a square cutout and held on by the axle nut

similar to the maytech hubs??.. i have been searching for this information for ages and even asked the company and they treat it like some esoteric secret information id bee too fragile minded to comprehend… so thanks!!

just looked it up. yup pretty much the same, that square area holds it in place