My first build, e-mtb trampa

Place the motor in a plastic/zip bag… only motorshaft outside… Place it in a Vice, take a anglegrinder and do a Flatspot…

OR

Do nothing and just use Loctide 603 :yum:

1 Like

loctite is the way to go. @Nowind uses 603, i use 648 on all my builds. Ultra strong and only removable with a fuckton of heat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use 638 and I’m fat Viking doing offroading. That stuff is awesome.

1 Like

Ok thanks guys! I will buy some loctite 603. Allready have loctite but don’t know what kind or number it is. Probably not the strongest kind…

But i will make some flatspots too!

Almost ready to start my build Today the motormount-set arrived! I’m getting ready to film it. Yesterday i painted my table completely white for some good contrast…

1 Like

Hey guys, It’s been a while since i posted something about my build. So here I am. This morning my max6 ESC’s arrived! They were at the customs for too long! Every time something new arrived I need to check it out. And as always some questions about the part rises up. I saw that the leads from the battery to the esc has some kind of series connection and i was wondering if i can chop it off and put 1 Xt90 there. Also how do i connect the receiver to the ESC’s ?Since there are 2 receiver cables and only 1 receiver…

2 Likes

Hey, have not seen that cable connection before on the MAX6, mine came with two cables and no connectors. Chop it off and put what you want, I soldered both my ESCs together, so only one XT90 plug for both.

As far as the receiver cables, use a good quality y lead like the photo and take out one of the positive connectors out of the servo plug, so only 1 esc powers your receiver. Tape the other for future use. Hope that is clear.

1 Like

Yes, it’s clear as day! So use only 1 possible lead for receiver. Only 1 question, what color is the positieve lead for the receiver? I want to solder the cables for the receiver together instead of using that y-cable… I Will

Positive = Red, Negative = Black, White/yellow = data

Thanks a lot!

I’m wondering if you/me/anyone intends to replace battery connectors with XT90’s is it better to upgrade/use XT90 anti spark connectors? like so…

1 Like

Yes, i’m planning to replace the plug with xt90. But somewhere i Read that one antispark plug was enough for that kind of safety measurements. I’m planning to make a loop key using one antispark Xt90 plug. That seems enough, @anyone, correct me if i’m wrong…

1 Like

Yeah i also think its not necessary but… i think im going to do it anyway as the extra cost isn’t that great, but i’m not sure if there is/are any negative reasons as to why its not common on builds… :thinking:

The main reason is if i’m truthful, i have a feeling if something goes wrong while i’m riding, i may pull the wrong end of the “Bat to esc power cable” out in a panic mode, so would like to protect both disconnects.

kinda planning for my stupidity and if others/friends have a ride…

That seems a good Idea. But on my build i don’t think it’s necessary because all my connectors will be in my batterycase(not that accesable). The only connector outside of the case will be the antispark loop key…

Nice im looking forward to seeing the results of your build.and learning from it… Thanks for the replies.

I will start building soon. I’m still waiting for 1 stupid part before i start building. It’s a big Stickerbomb sheet with skate and snowboard-logos. I thought it would look cool in stead of the regular trampa look. Only thing is that’s the first step i’m planning to do with my build… Do you have a build thread?

Not yet, getting board parts in week or two im building a new board from scratch so il start the thread as soon as i have parts in my hand, im pretty dam poor at the mo so my build will take about 12 months, i can only “without staving myself” afford £250 every two months, at this time moneys tight, i did have the half the budget saved but got spanked by my bank :frowning2:

Hey guys, Started my build 2 days ago. And it’s going smoothly so far… If been waiting for alle the parts to arrive. The last part was the black and white stickersheet. Wich took 1 month and a week to arrive. Here’s a picture of it how i 'm going to leave it for Today…

4 Likes

Hey guys, I’m almost finished my build! I still need to do the wiring in de batterybox. But i need to make the wiring really compact to make it fit with the batteries in the box. So the 4 batteries need to be connected in series and in paralell. I was wondering if the order of serial and parallel made a difference. Does it matter that i connect the batteries first in parallel and then serial cause this Will save me some space. I Will try to find a drawning of the way of wiring to clear it out…

It’s like compairing this diagram(don’t mind the numbers Just the wiring):

With this one: First diagram is first parallel then serial. Second diagram is first serial then parallel. Would this give a difference? I think not but i want to be sure…

1 Like

Please, somebody help me. I want to finish my wiring Tonight and i want to be sure if this is possible. Before i Fry my esc’s or batteries…thanks in advance!