Motor temp fault VESC 6+

Ask the vendor about the specification of the thermistor. Is it a NTC ? What is the value?

Hi sorry for long reply time, waited for vendor reply. The thermistor is a NTC, the value is SMD0805-103J-3950H.

It seams to be a NTC 10K, which is what you want. If temp spikes up that fast something is funny somewhere. Question is: is the motor really getting war that fast, or is it a measurement issue. sure the Thermistor is connected to temp and GND?

Probably 3950 is the beta value of your thermistor, adjust it in vesc tool and try, normally the thermistor is placed on the stator, the hottest part, it will be very different to the temperature of the motor can.

The motor takes about 2 miles of riding to reach motor temp fault, a little longer if I ride it gently and little sooner if I ride it hard. It appears the thermistor is attached properly.

@trampa Frank, what is the beta value of your 6364 and 6374 motors?

For our motors the standard setting is good.

1 Like

The motor seems to be getting hotter then I remember my other ones getting. I feel like it’s a Vesc setting issue though rather then a motor or physical Vesc issue

Try BLDC and do a test.

1 Like

Any news? I got my 6384 170kv closed bell next week and now I’m worried about the temp problem.

I am out of state till August, so I am unable to test. I wouldn’t be worried seems like I’m the only one with this issue

ok thx i am testing my motors tomorrow and do a litle logging with metr.pro

What Vesc are you going to be using? Please let me know your results, might help me

i am use two vesc6+ and the last 2 days i ride this setup about 40km in mountain terrain at 24°C tempurture and the motors run good at ~45°C. Here a quick logging under hard conditions I have a 90 kg heavy mtb driver a steep mountain pulled up about 800 meters.

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: yeah something is not right with mine. I am getting above 90C motor temps riding easy for about a mile on flat pavement. Before I changed to Vesc6+ and 170kv motors everything was fine. I wonder if it is Vesc or motors. I’ll troubleshoot more when I’m back with my board

Now I’m surprised I had yesterday sometimes a abs over current so I have both vesc delete and set up again now the error is gone but the Motors now are hot as Keevaan´s up to 80 ° C in Bldc and in Foc so to the limit :frowning: and the vesc are gone hot too

Oh jeez so maybe it’s no just me :cry:

So it’s definitely an vesc Setting thing but which one?

Have you tried changing the beta value guys? As long as you can touch and hold the motor cans things should be ok.

The thermistor Reading is correct. The Motors and the vescs are going warm/hot after 15min. Slow driving 20km/h without hills Motors 60-80C and vescs 50C.