Motor temp fault VESC 6+

Did you change any settings between when it worked fine and now? The same thing happened to mine. All was good for a few days then heat issues. Never changed anything

I did a complete reset and check / change the motor wire too the right direction (without software invert.) and than the normal Motor / input wizard setup.

Yesterday I went for a quick ride and my hubs where getting hotter a lot quicker than usually, buy yeah here the summer is hitting hard lately, I hope is not same reason of your temp headaches :slight_smile:

Are you also using Alien Power motors? 6384s? I don’t want to blame the sealed can but my old 200kv 6384s from APS never overheated. I wonder if they are starving for fresh air

I dont think it is a air problem because the temp curve is to steep and before i Reset the vescs i Had No temp issue. Now the temp rise 10C per km at a 5-10 AMP Draw.

@trampa any ideas on what could be causing this issue? I’m away from my board but it sounds like we are having the same issue so xenon might be able to try some fixes.

@XENON needs to send me his settings via mail. frank at trampaboard dot com I can look into this.

@trampa Thanks for help i send you an mail :slightly_smiling_face:

Any solution??

Maybe a hard solution :innocent: testing it the next days

and i find some one on youtube it has the same motors i ask him in the comments he say: Try vesctool v.1.09 .

here are the video:

1 Like

Dang was really hoping it wouldn’t come to that… image

I think I have two of the old style “vented” cans laying around that I can try to switch over when I’m back with the board

How did testing go?

a little bit better ~60-65°C after 10km Ride.

Is it still throwing motor temp fault?

No over temp faults. but if I drive today at 38C I’ll definitely get an fault.

Hmmm so most of the problem seems to be the motor not getting enough airflow… I’ll have to try them with the old style vented rotor. My 200kv 6384s motors never overheated even in 45C weather! But they had the old style “vented rotor”

So I am back with the board and still having motor temp faults. APS was very nice to me and sent over two of the vented style rotors just like my old 200kv motors. I am getting about 6 miles of regular riding in now before motors hit temp limit. Which is much better then the closed style rotor but something is still not right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

12s5p li ion Vesc 6+ APS 6384S 170kv with vented style rotor Etoxx 1:5 gear drive

Motor max: 70a Motor brake: -70a

Bat max: 60a Bat regen: -60a

My sealed maytech 170kv motors hit soft cut off temp of 85C within 9km.

Seems pretty normal to me.

I never had this issue till I rebuilt my board with new motors and VESC’s. I cannot find the issue and was hoping someone here might be able to help

Did you ever find out the issue?