Motor stuttering when accelerating too fast

Alright, thanks for the info! So that basically means i always have to push it first a bit and then go, there is no other option with this board?

yep that’s right

Ok, well there are worse things in the world… LOL But seriously, thanks for the information, that helped a lot in understanding this board and its capabilities.

You could fine tune the startup boost & motor/battery current settings to match your weight. It might make a slight difference.

Otherwise just take one slight push forward.

Hey @ Jinra and Chaka,

I’m 200lbs and running 12s3p on 2 R-Spec 6355 motors. Should copying these settings sort out my stuttering start?

Are your problems exactly the same as mine? If they are, then turning off traction control was the solution.

Actually… No. LOL. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly though. I just took my first build out for it’s first test run. It was stuttering on startup in the house, but did much better outside for some reason. Now I’m wondering how to safely tune for more torque.

sounds like you have unsensored motors which will stutter if you try to start from a dead stop. You’ll need to give it a little kick before you throttle.

1 Like

thats weird, I can start from a stop with a single 6374 uncensored. as long as i’m not rolling backwards…

it will occasionally cog. This only applies if your accelerating from dead stop.