Motor mount with dual idlers

No with the idler, just how the mount was with original wheel width

I guess I had an image in my head, my current mount with pulleys I used a shoulder bolt and a speed washer but I made it in a sense where it will tuck behind the wheels. Iā€™ve always loved your design so was hoping a modification could be done to run duals and have a shorter mount .

Nowww we are talking!! :+1:

marcmt88

Working on mount that takes it up to 107mm wheel.

Whaeeettt ??

Malakai

Iā€™m going for the same thing with my build but Iā€™m using 177.8mm wheels.

Yeah, but I think in his case the bolt head (rounded instead flat) which holds the idler, protudes like 1 or 2 mm and may touch bigger diameter wheels.

Thats righteoooo!

1 Like

ā€¦another idea that perhaps may help you a little bit. Get ridd of the conventional idler with multiple bearings, follow Chakaā€™s approachā€¦

chaka

Another detail finished!

The idler is no longer just a stack of bearings. Really brings the fit and finish up another notch. Should be able to bang these out quickly on our lathe.

1 Like

I know this is for Caliber trucks, but whatā€™s the possibility of this fitting evolve trucks with 107mm wheels? They already have the bracket on the truck, so just the motor mount would need to fit it

1 Like

If you have the hole pattern for this truck I am more than happy to modify the motor mount to fit.

Without extending the motor mount length 107mm wheel will interfere with bearing.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/b/8/b8c06d2daae6738084d28b7ffbea138fe0eb3ba3.JPG

1 Like

But if Iā€™m running a 15mm gear with a 12mm belt couldnt I fit 10mm bearing with 1-2mm for screw and clearance left over?

Also could you add the profile of 36t and 40t wheel gear to see how that would be affected

Since I am using standard size skateboard bearings they are 7mm thick. Not sure if they come in 10mm thick.

If running a single bearing I can modify the idler to fit behind the wheel resulting in a shorter mount.

I can find the bearing on my own, just wanna make sure everything else will be fine

The evolve rear truck bracket hole pattern appears to be Imperial with centers at 19/16 inches per side (30.1625mm), in an equilateral triangle around the truck (3 bolt holes) and the bolts are the same as the truck bolts with locknuts

edit: to clarify, 30.1625mm from bolt center to bolt center, not to the truck

edit2: the equilateral triangle has one bolt on top and the bottom two parallel to the ground

edit3: the radius of the bolt hole pattern around the centroid of the truck is 17.414mm

1 Like

14mm clearance, so yes you are OK with a 10mm bearing. Idlers can be redesign to sit behind the wheel with single 10mm bearing.

Any idea on what length belt would be required on that 107 compatible mount?

320-330 depending on gear and tension Iā€™de guess Maybe longer

My only problem with idler sitting behind the wheel is not sure how you are going to screw down the idler.

Do it before you put the wheel on? Align first with the wheel, take it off, tighten bearing and replace wheel