Motor mount with dual idlers

Working on mount that takes it up to 107mm wheel.

5 Likes

Just go up to 119mm that way you wonā€™t have to redesign next year LoLz

1 Like

Iā€™m going for the same thing with my build but Iā€™m using 177.8mm wheels. Currently using skate bearings as my idler pulleys and Iā€™m debating on if I want to get ceramics to replace them. Has anyone here already done this? I thought if they were ceramic like the ones in my wheels Iā€™d never need to replace them.

1 Like

Does the idler really have to clear the wheel like that? If the idler stuck out the same length as the belt(or slightly shorter by a mm or so) It shouldnā€™t matter what size the wheel is.

2 Likes

the problem is the bolt that holds it all together. it sticks out a few mm from the bearings and hits the wheel if it is ā€œinsideā€

1 Like

On this particular mount the bolts are quite small. Iā€™m sure there are fastners that would fit flush (almost)

no, they wouldnā€™t. The 1 or 2 mms of the bolt that stick out will hit the wheel unless only using 1 bearing.

Ivā€™e measured it myself so i knows itā€™s not impossibleā€¦

I design mountsā€¦

ā€œfor a livingā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s great but iā€™m not having a pissing contest with you here. If you think itā€™s impossible then idk what to say to you.

Itā€™s a 24mm gap, thereā€™s plenty of room. Plenty of people have idlers with pneumaticsā€¦

dude unless you want to throw on like 4 extra speed ringsā€¦ its not a viable solution for street wheels. Even when using a countersunk shoulderbolt, you will still have about 1mm sticking out beyond the bearings. The problem also comes when people want to run 15mm belts. Then it is almost required that you use 2-3 bearings to cover the entire belt. 8*3= 24mm + the extra 1mm of the bolt will rub against the wheel.

#lets just agree to disagree

Itā€™s not all about stacking washers and bearings man. Maybe a custom tube is needed to house the bearings like ollin uses.

Itā€™s definitely not a task for a space engineer hereā€¦ A custom tube the exact correct length with bearing seats and a counter sunk bolt mounting hole for the main bolt would easily fit.

I can think of multiple ways right off the top of my head to make it fitā€¦I have measured and test fitted 3d parts and will have a working mount this week.

Agree to disagree? If you have no useful input other than to just blindly say it wonā€™t work why even comment? ā€œI canā€™t figure it out so it must be impossibleā€ .

1 Like

Iā€™m impressed and want 1 unit. PM with paypal or whatever Europe sending prices?

1 Like

Hi, please PM me for details. Thanks.

Right on! Lol.

Yeah man good re-design. I would definitely be interested in 2 sets for the diy extended trucks and 107 Flywheels .

Also canā€™t it work with a shorter mount with the 107s if you lessen the stack height of the bearings and screw, so it sits behind the wheel?

1 Like

Could you sketch up the original mount length with a 107mm wheel profile on it?

If you plan on running a 7mm belt instead of 15mm then single bearing can be used. Mount can be re-design to sit behind the wheel ending with shorter mount.

Do you mean without the idlers?