Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

Also, I am a bit scared of driving with bindings in the streets :grimacing: So the idea of possibility be dampa-less also kinda make the whole idea more appropriate :slight_smile:

I think I just felt into confort zone of stabilty, I remember the last days with my evolve I was like what why it is so flexible and now I think I rode like that for almost 2k km so its just a matter of legs I guess…

@Eboosted took of all dampas, removed bindings and went for a ride… A slow one but still pretty cool. The board is a way-way-way more controllable I was zigzagging in between poles and etc. The only problem I see that my front feet (My feet size is 13 (47 eur)) so I managed to touch my mug guards many times. I haven’t yet tried in the streets but somehow I feel way safer as I am not strapped to the board anymore :slight_smile:

Now the only problem is battery enclosure :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I love the board that way.

If you want a HolyPro enclosure you know where to find me

Haha but I am sporting 8 x 3S 6Ah 65C Turnigy Graphene batteries they don’t fit your enclosures :slight_smile:

Yeah, you will have to run Li-Ion to mount the battery underneath

I am going to make enclosure but I have to provide a CAD for mold and I am too lazy to make now one :stuck_out_tongue: It would fit nicely under the deck :stuck_out_tongue:

Make something like this:

8 Likes

I have the same idea in mind :wink:

7 Likes

That’s crazy! :grinning:

1 Like

I was trying to fit 16 of them as I was planned before but no way they would fit and it would touch the ground for sure.

Why do you need such a big power plant? I’m still mastering how to ride full throttle on my simple 12s4p, full speed is very difficult to reach without wobbles.

Do you need a crazy long range? Is the weight not ever a concern with you?

I just wanted charge once a few days, sometimes go for really long range drives you know those days when you don’t want to step down from the board. I am not into the speed as my max speed is 54km/h. Also, the weight is not much concern for me.

But in the end, I am going to put 8 on one and 8 on another build :slight_smile:

How come these boards are more stable without dampas at higher speeds? Would have guessed the opposite.

They are not stable, opposite more wobbly :stuck_out_tongue:

I found out after many builds that really long ranges boards are not for me, every build I’ve made was heavier than the previous one, right now a 30kms board is more than enough, they will charge much faster and I’ll charge it immediately after every ride.

I’m building a short deck ATM (Moonshine Sidekick) and want it to be the lightest one. I have the feeling that it will be the one I’m gonna use the most

unnamed

5 Likes

I don’t own, my father owns it :wink: It’s DATRON

1 Like

I like to go for a ride around the city, that was one of biggest let downs then I had Evolve Carbon GT as the range was really small. Last time I went to small ride ~60km/h was really nice as I was riding and didn’t have to care about the battery capacity as I well knew it will be enough for pretty much anything.

Now I am also looking into charging these 8 packs pretty quickly… I have a power supply able to supply 2C current but the problem it is not constant current so I have to either buy some kind converter or build my own… I have in mind building small very light board which would charge under 30 minutes and would deliver pretty good range and would be really light.

Just a question after yesterdays night ride… How do you deal with springs squeaking? :smiley:

Hmm, don’t really understood what you mean :smiley:

Ahhhh :joy:

1 Like