Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

So cool :smile: some Big Hiking coming ! Enjooyyy :wink: :+1: I never try to ride with all my 1.775kW pack mounted !.. But with more than 10kg in the middle, the ride is (feels) way different.

Just came back from a 50km ride. The whole battery pack ~9kg the board feels way more stable, less speed wobble and more controllable compared to before. Battery pack went from 4.2V/cell to 3.88V/cell (I was doing a lot of steep hill climbing) So I guess 150km achievable :smiley: My left leg (back one) feels so numb that I can’t even walk (haven’t been riding for several months) Helmet feels really nice I like the visor helps riding in front of the sun :smiley:

Batteries have almost no sag only then full power (1.7kW per motor) I had 1V down. Need now enclosure for focboxes so I could go bit higher current now only 60A/motor

Also, I hate that every time I turn off Nano-X I need to restart power which resets esk8 app and loses data…

I did not want to push the FocBox’es without proper cooling so I took those hills without much power to not overheat them (they already reach peak 70ºC on the hill)

5 Likes

Dats a biggie! Nobody worked a fix for that remote problem yet?

Havent searched for a solution because I think that’s just how it works… :slight_smile:

Have you thought about making helical gears to reduce the sound?

Not really, as I do not want to reduce sound (helps a lot to have some kind of noise when driving in London streets because bicycles have no idea that you behind or etc) Maybe in the future but right now I don’t see a point. Even if we make it it would be expensive and I don’t think it’s worth invest money just because of noise plus there are no longterm tests and etc. At the moment our internal gear drive train is a best at the moment because it is easy to mount on and any maintenance jobs are few screws away.

Today I thought about modifying front hanger to include inner spring position (I am going to reuse rear mounting plate from Urban carver as in it’s back springs are in outer position)

Then did some debranding and covering plain aluminium as it was standing out too much

The boards now kinda similar setup (trading drivetrain as I am waiting for Urban Carver gear train to come up)

Board feels similar to Urban carver with inner springs, haven’t yet tried outside as batteries charging, but will be going for a ride later today.

4 Likes

This is how I am going to mount FocBox’es on my board

6 Likes

How are you planning to connect 2x xt60 to main power, and the receiver, when your dual-focbox-housing is outside a closed enclosure ?

I will be running everything to the center as there will main controller and etc (Probably under the deck as I am thinking maybe making 12s2p configuration instead of 12s4p and putting batteries under the deck, as over deck make weight center too high)

1 Like

Nice idea… At the moment on my Urban carver , i have everything under the board (10s5p / 80a bms / 2 x focbox / 2 x BT module ) this is a pretty tight fit, that i dont like… If i move my focbox’s up like you are planning with the alu housing , this wil give me so much more space :slight_smile:

Looking forward to se your build

Do you have a picture , with the Trampa board in a nice sandwich between the truck and housing ?

1 Like

Nope as the mount is not yet at my place :slight_smile:

sweet add-ons to your case !!

1 Like

On my build I made the inner spring position mod but only with a 4mm hole without countersunk drilling to have more material holding it, used bottom head screw make the surface as flat as possible.

The board feels a little nervous but it’s way more maneuverable on sharp corners.

I only did the front ones

I drilled 4,5mm hole and added just a light 2mm depth countersink was more than enough. Board became way more controllable and stable on the streets :slight_smile: The back feels like it does not much work. I have been trying without dampas in the back but at higher speed, wobbles begins.

I don’t use dampas at the rear or front, just inner spring mod on the front. I love the handling of it

I haven’t been riding for last 3-4 months daily so I kinda lost the feel in the legs, after yesterdays 20km ride on the streets my back foot feels like steel :smiley: So I will try to come back to springless when I get decent mileage back on my muscles :smiley: I don’t really trust my legs driving strapped on deck on high speeds in the streets

Also I am thinking about the case for batteries under the deck. I have access to professional carbon fibre enclosure making stuff, which maybe later I will provide a product too. But after yesterdays “diving” when deck reached water. I am still thinking is it good idea to put batteries under the deck if so how to make it water proof :stuck_out_tongue:

You should try my setting with no bindings, it’s just feels good, but not very stable, after a couple of days you will control the board much better

I haven’t tried damp less on holypro but on urban carver, it felt kinda a bit too sensitive. I would like to try the same on this build maybe it will bet a bit different because I kinda hate the angle you need to lean to make a turn.