Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

That only works for Windows 10. Win 7 would not start this moded Version. Win 7 is still very popular, so you can’t work it this way.

Frank

Windows 7 is dying OS (support till Jan 2020). You still can update for free to win10 even though it’s not officialy supported.

2 Likes

A lot of users still prefer Win 7 over Win 10 and they will use it till 2020. I bet that Microsoft will extend their support even longer. So the VESC-Tool should be able to run on Win 7. Locking out users is no good idea. Software should be compatible with active and used operating systems. The mobile VESC-Tool works quite well for wireless configuration. In addition to that you can use your smartphone as a bridge between your computer and board. Personally I prefer using my android tablet that has the full VESC-Tool installed. Plenty of options on the table already…

Frank

Not having it working on windows IS locking out users. Having a version that works in Windows 10 is better than nothing.

5 Likes

You’re 100% right ! So let users go with Metr Pro and all other “third-party” Hardware / devices / app / (i)OS. This is a reward for the VESC project, not a theft. :wink:

3 Likes

brand new focboxes connected for the first time with Metr Pro on Android - everything just worked! more than happy with it so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got it. Thanks.

5 Likes

Placed an order earlier today for the Metr Pro with internal antenna - fingers crossed I managed to get in on the current batch :wink: Thanks - you guys rock!

@rpasichnyk Roman, is it possible to lower the update interval when using Metr-Pro? For example from 300ms to 200 or even 150ms?

Postman came by today

3 Likes

Most enterprise electronics engineering apps doesn’t even work correctly in Win 10 (That’s why I am still in win 7)

1 Like

Because they were written at a time when Win10 didn’t exist. No offense, but what’s the value of your post ?

They are constantly updated but still suck on win10…

Same as yours?

Yes, you’re right. I’m sorry man.

I think I found the problem: in settings / various the option multiply the data was activated … by deactivating the change of mode no longer poses any problem apparently … here it can help you too.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint @Manu39 ! Anyway, I wrote few lines for the SmartRing that allows you to restart the communication then restart the program if it still can’t communicate. I send it to you :wink:

1 Like

you are a boss @Pimousse . thx

1 Like

yesterday the package reached me and I am very excited about the new module. After i installed the Modul i Update the FW of my both VESC6 without any Problem.

5 Likes

Got the module!

However, I can’t get @Ackmaniac’s app (esc monitor) to find the module.

1 Like

Allright, just did a 14km test dride. Checked 3 times during the ride and every time I opened the app the module wasn’t connected anymore and there was no ongoing track. Every time a sec later the module connected back but no trace of the previous started record. Of that whole trip it saved 1.5km to my daily stats… Oh and I didn’t even step off my board… I’ll send you the logs @rpasichnyk

Using the version without extra entenna and have an abs enclosure. Only had like 3 disconnects ever with the old module in the last 1.5 year…

Edit: allright gents, Android decided to turn back on battery optimization for me again. Without telling me, I suspect it randomly does this after updating the app. If you have any issues, check if it is still off for you. Even if you did turn it off just a day before.

Edit 2: module is still disconnecting. Even after a seven minute ride.

2 Likes