Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Thanks for posting the pic. Good to see you received them. I think you will have a lot of fun with your Metr Pro modules. :grinning:

Glad you like our work. When you order today before 8:00 PM CEST it will be shipped out tomorrow morning. Bear in mind that only two modules with external antennas are left. It will take some time before we have new modules with external antennas back in stock. Metr Pro modules with internal antennas are some more left.

2 Likes

Well I guess I bought the last two…

stoked to be on “board” boys :smiling_imp:

HaHa @DanSkates… I could prob. wait a bit before I use the second, If you’re hard up for one quickly let me know bro we will work something out :wink:

6 Likes

@Skitzor I understand you feelings and I am sorry about that. Android 8 has changes that prevent the old module from being discovered. One way to workaround that is to downgrade to Android 7, perform discovery (Scan) inside the metr app and connect to the module, then upgrade to Android 8 and the module will be still saved in the app. This way you can use it with Android 8.

The new module is not a limitation at all. It is actually a direct solution to the Anroid 8 problem. With insurance. If Google does some trick like this again, the module’s firmware can be updated over the air to be compatible with future versions of Android.

@Manu BLE connection does work with the original VESC Tool v0.92 but only on Linux

3 Likes

Nicely swooped in there cobber! I might have to take advantage of your kind generosity here if that’s cool and buy one off you :wink: I’ll DM you…

1 Like

With @Ackmaniac’s app I had good experience updating the hm10 firmware. Takes 10min tops and afterwards Oreo does detect the module again. You need an Arduino though.

See: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-monitor-android-app/20888/694?u=maxid

3 Likes

Every phone has the “issue” but not every module has faulty firmware. The problem comes from Oreo being stricter in terms of how the responses have to look like coming from the modules and the clone firmwares are not properly programmed so they are no longer considered by the phone. With an original firmware you don’t have that problem.

1 Like

Actually, I would say that the problem comes from the clones that embeds a firmware which does not comply with the BLE standard… But you’re right, updating the firmware isn’t a big deal. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, looks great - I ordered one yesterday. I am planning to implement an “endless” mode, like the mellow has - but I need some microprocessor to do so. Do you think its possible to integrate this in the receiver? I would able to do the programming myself.

No hard feelings, but I think it can be solved by a hardware/software update on either side.

I would buy your pro module. but it exceeds 25$. which means. in stead of 77 euro with shipping. They’ll add almost 60 euros as tax. making it a module worth a focbox…

edit: nvm: Sweden (thought US) I’ll look into it.

You are on to something. I’ll try it tonight. If that’s the solution for the oreo problem. @rpasichnyk should add it to the original topic for everyone to find

I’m not sure if that will be the solution, if you flash it with the regular firmware, it will be discovered by Oreo, but it will miss the protection @rpasichnyk build on the firmware and still not working with metr, it will be like a regular hm-10

Well, that’s where I guess his part comes in. whatever checkbit he has programmed. He should adjust the firmware and then we can update

@hey, i got the Metr.pro and connected it with no problem on my dual ESCAPE by Stewii … it is connected to the slave ID1 recognized nickel, the only problem is that I do not know for it right when I go from normal mode (full power) mode warmup or noobs or pepouze the wheel of the vesc slave turns nickel but the wheel of the vesc master is blocked. …I am forced to rewrite my backup xml …and when I plug metr.pro on the master ID0 the problem is the opposite … Rrrrrrrr help …

Do both of your VESCs have same firmware? Metr app → Settings → Show logs → send email to [email protected]

Logs send before and alter thé probleme. Thanks yes for FW. I just tested my different modes with the Metr.at module that I had before: no problem after several mode changes …

I just re testing with metr.pro: first mode change … master wheel lock ID0 … re setting😡

1 Like

@Manu39

1. Power down the board, force close the app
  2. Power up the board, open app and connect to Metr Pro
  3. Make sure that on Realtime tab the green icon is blinking and you see dual FW3.38
  4. Go to Settings → Motor and check pulley count, poles and wheel diameter, change them if needed
  5. Try to apply different Modes again

already testing roaman and the problem is the same the am with metr.pro after reconfiguration vesc … and no problem if no change of mode …

I doubt @rpasichnyk built his own firmware. Otherwise it would be easy to publish a new one that solves the Oreo problem. Everything he added must either come via AT commands or is coded into the App.

@Pimousse yeah my wording was probably not perfect there :wink: But since it worked before the oreo update I kind of see the problem on the Android side for being too strict where it might not have been necessary. When you update only one part and the system does not work anymore after the update you always see the problem in the thing you changed no?

1 Like

VESC-Tool 0.94 on Windows 10 - cant see the metr.pro bluetooth.

What am I missing?

check post #94

The official VESC Tool does not support BLE on Windows. You can use the compiled version from my GitHub. There are no source code modifications, just slightly different version of Qt library. I hope Benjamin can use the procedure that I described to provide BLE support on Windows in the future.

3 Likes