Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

image image

I was able to connect. Thank you!:laughing::+1:

4 Likes

:thinking: Now with that response thereā€™s no date to for any one complain about missing. How are we going to cope on forums with out bitching about things this is a catastrophe. your single handedly GOING TO BRAKE THE INTERNET. Noooo :sob:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: :sunglasses:

30 Likes

Oh damn!! 10chat

2 Likes

3 Likes

I waited years before buy a metr. Now I am using Unity, just got the metr pro today and the unity version is out :man_facepalming: Brilliant :sweat_smile: IMG_20190425_125452

4 Likes

If you are in EU I might be interested in one. :wink:

1 Like

i sold mine yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t be disappointed :slight_smile: We still have no final date / price for Unity version, it can take some weeks. Enjoy your Metr Pro while the weather is awesome :wink:

4 Likes

I ma not disappointed with you :grin: It was just to laugh a bit with @pookybear about it. No problem I will try to use the internal UART port. @murloc992 thanks but I wiil probably keep it. You better buy it from the website. It takes around 1 week to get to your place :wink:

3 Likes

Instead of me shipping in my broken (by ā€œourselvesā€) Metr Pro, i better wait for this one then haha (I have 1 legacy board left running non unity, but that is ticking on its lasts breaths too until when I get another Unity shipment in)

1 Like

Nood here :sweat_smile:

Will this bind up with my heltec loRa32 V2 ore ttgo loRa32 v2 ? :pray:

@MikeDIY When I got your question right, no it will not work. Your stated modules are not Bluetooth based.

:sweat_smile::grinning: Now iā€™am confuced :nerd_face:

Ok, looks like I found the wrong moduleā€¦ :sweat_smile: The Metr Pro modules are meant to pair to a computer or phone (iOS or Android) running the Metr App or any other VESC communication app. But when you want to challenge yourself and program a functioning code for the heltec module feel free to do it.

1 Like

Hi,

Setting: Metr pro, Ackmaniac 3.102, Huawei Honor 8 Adroid 8.0, 2x focbox

Problem:

App finds the module but doesnā€™t ask for the pairing code. Blue led stays on while green led flashes. I can connect the module to the device (app says so) but no telemetry datas are exchanged. Any suggestions?

Afair you have to bind it with android, there you have to use the pin. After that you can easily connect it.

This happened to me too. What I did was I paired it the first time w the ack app. It prompted me for the code. But for some reason it didnā€™t work. I couldnā€™t even pair it w metr app after that.

Hereā€™s what I did to fix it:

• Uninstall both apps
  • Delete metr under phone system Bluetooth settings. (important step)
  • Install metr app first
  • Pair metr BT module using the metr app
  • Type code
  • Confirm BT is connected successfully
  • Exit metr app
  • Install ack app. It should not ask for the code since you have already inputted it. The phone system remembers it.
  • Find BT module and connect.

As far as I know, this module does not support concurrent connections. Meaning you canā€™t have both app open. One app needs to be closed/exited first to be able to use the other.

Hopefully, this helps you.

Thanks, I updated to Ackmaniac 3.103 and followed step by step your suggestions. This time I was asked for the pairing code, green ā€œ+ā€ on realtime screen but for the rest the screen shows a compilation of 0, app doesnā€™t get any data from my vescs. Same behaviour with Ackmaniac app, it connects but doesnā€™t get any datas. :disappointed_relieved:

Edit:

Check for updates on metr. If there is, update the app as well as the moduleā€™s firmware.