Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Did you erase the entire chip u der ST-Link software ? Once done, flash the firmware and connect via VESC-Tool and burn the bootloader through it. What’s your computer OS ?

It works again with your last update

1 Like

Unless the old meter module is updated , which I think only the pro is, then no. The unity has a different uart protocol then regular VESC’s

1 Like

ah ok I thought so but was worth it to ask Thanks for the info

Hey yah after trying to set modes in the app the vesc wouldn’t respond (metr said VESC is running old firmware). Once the disconnect happens from the module I tried hooking up over USB but no connection, so connected with stlink and cleared memory using windows and flashed hex file found searching the internet file with bootloader and firmware combined i think. After flashing that way i regain connection via metr module but still no USB. After that i tried bootloader upload via metr tcp bridge but same situation basically can consistently wipe and flash with st link but no flashing lights on boot seemingly no USB and can configure via metr module after flashing manually and then can update firmware but think bootloader is still botched. I have access to windows ubuntu and mac os I’ve mostly been using windows to erase and flash but also tried with CLI make upload command and rougly same thing happening (flashing looks successful but no device in dmesg via regular usb only connected with st link)

Also things are working fine when configured over the tcp bridge but would be nice to be able to set modes on the fly again and just know whats going on with the USB connection so open to suggestions.

Fast forward to the future @SeanHacker and guess what … you do have information that proves otherwise lol. But we’ll keep that to ourselves lololololol

1 Like

Ah yes, I was wrong. Like a human. lmfao :roll_eyes:

I also had issues burning the bootloader through ST-Link software on Windows. Erase fully the chip (all the table shall be filled with FFFF), then write ONLY the firmware. If it doesn’t work, check USB port integrity (I mean physically) and try another cable. If you recover the USB connection, burn the bootloader via VESC-Tool.

2 Likes

I have upgraded all firmwares of my VESC4.12 last weekend, since I’m unable to connect to them via the TCP bridge option and latest VESCtool for mac from your github, a connection attempt results in a firmware unknown error, I do see some bytes send, none received in metr.pro

Could this have to do with the vesc “app” configuration configured as just ppm or none, I have two vesc, the master has a ppm/uart solidgeek-ish receiver, The slave VESC connects to the Metr.pro, both VESCs and DieBieMS is connected via CAN (nothing electricly changed, worked fine before the fw upgrade)

Yes, VESC that is connected to Metr Pro must have UART enabled!

3 Likes

Anyone have one of these for sale pronto? Like to get it in the next couple days. It’s a long thread

Looking for logging I can overlay with the moving background and not the white or black background

2 Likes

@Hummie , I’ve got one if you are still looking

1 Like

Had a issue today with the metr recording. It seems like it recorded the speed but stopped record the voltage, duty, Amps after a while. Stopped record values at 18.23. Any ideas? Here is the record.

1 Like

since updating to the lasted vesc firmware, i can no longer change modes as the Metr app only recognizes one of the two Focboxs.

is this a common bug that is being worked on or should this work? ( i have the latest Metr app)

Have you updated the Metr firmware via the app @TinnieSinker

1 Like

ummm firmware on the BT module? i have not, where is the option for that?

2 Likes

thanks! i did not know that cog is a button haha

1 Like

Can connect to Metr module, can update Metr firmware, but it can’t detect VESC firmware or hardware and seems to be unable to communicate with the VESC to relay information to the Metr app.

I’m running dual VESC 6s over CAN bus, so I decided to update VESCs’ firmwares manually from 3.34 to 3.54. When I got the master VESC flashed and got the settings configured (motor and app) the Metr app seemed to be working, got actually some live data running in the realtime window, but after I tried again after setting up the second VESC and got the CAN configured. Well now there is no life in the Metr app again, even though I can connect to the Metr module.

“Enable Permanent UART” is set to True and was not changed from default.

What do?

SOLVED: In VESC tool on the MASTER VESC; “App settings” -> “General” -> “APP to Use” needs to be set to “control signal and UART”. In my case with GT2B PPM RC controller “PPM and UART”.

I recommend adding this to the FAQ section onhttps://metr.at/faq

5 Likes

Hello @SimosMCmuffin,

Could you let me to know how can I upgrade my firmware 3.34 to 3.54? I am try to upgrade but I cant because it show me the error “Status: Serial port error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.”. check this video.

1 Like