Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

We will let you guys know when we have some updates to share. :smiley: I am very busy at the moment, so unfortunately not much time to work on it. I think it should be ready before summer, but no specific ETA at this point. Will keep you updated.

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard for me to use this BT module with my feather remote. It uses the uart port. I could connect it to the extra uart ports inside the unity but Iā€™d have to leave the cover off. Additionally, I need to be able the change the baud rates for those specific ports. I know sofu shared that special firmware but for some reason, the unity app doesnā€™t recognize this version and disconnects. Im pretty much SOL.

This new BT direct replacement for the unity one fixes all my issues.

1 Like

i"m pretty sure the team are working hard on the new module, isnā€™t it @hexakopter ?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk, probably you donā€™t have a whole bunch of customers with DieBieMS, but it would be nice if we could configure some main settings form Metr app.

3 Likes

Iā€™m ok waiting. Not a big deal. I just wished unity app came w modes feature. The ability to be able to switch modes is really the only thing i use the most.

You can do it via Terminal option in Metr app

2 Likes

How does one delete records from the app, to reduce clutter? Also everytime I do upload it goes into the metr server and creates a new link? Even if it is for the same log?

Any plans to upload the logs directly to google drive? so that I can keep all records in one place even when I uninstall the app.

1 Like
  • Swipe the record to the left to delete
  • Same link when you upload again
  • Some plans to do account / sync records but no ETA

@rpasichnyk, requesting a feature it would be nice if we can display the remaining range on the main screen. Of course this would vary, but we can have a configurabe setting under battery where we can set the worst-case/average wh/km.

The vesc tool mobile app does this based on the average consumption so far in a trip.

5 Likes

Having similar issue to @KrisKraanen on a Nexus 5X. Was working great but some sort of system update or something seems to have broken the connection and now even when connecting from within the app Iā€™m prompted for a pin (tried on two android devices) a bit stuck. I can collect logs or whatever but would be good if there are known good steps to follow so my logs make some sense (Iā€™ll do what seems reasonable for now) Tried rebooting the phone and uninstall/reinstall of app all results in same pop up message asking for pairing request and pin (tried 0000, or 1234, just loops back to prompt).

Q: Where is the PIN code for Metr Pro module?

A: You can find the PIN code on the back side of the module.

https://metr.at/faq#q4

1 Like

:man_facepalming: as in DM you are correct sir, after putting in the PIN on the module Iā€™m connected again thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My app doesnā€™t launch since the last xiaomi update. All i get is a black screen. Sucks. It was working so fine.

This is weird, but thank you for letting me know! I donā€™t have xiaomi at hand but maybe you can collect some helpful information if you have computer which you can connect to your phone with USB.

• Install adb on your computer, enable Developer Mode on xiaomi
  • Run ā€œadb logcatā€
  • Start metr app
  • Collect output of adb logcat and send to [email protected]

If this is sounds too complicated, you can also try reinstalling the app, maybe it will work. Or wait until I get someone who has xiaomi and can help with this issue :bug::hammer:

2 Likes

I reinstalled several times. No luck. I will try the pc thing when i have the chance

Just received and installed my Metr Pro. Super easy to setup and use, no issues at all!

3 Likes

I had to reset my bluetooth in the phone some web page shows how to it with your phone, noe its working fine again

Yah have had this happen a few times too where I need to cycle the bluetooth on and off on the phone and scan again for it to connect but small inconvenience. Main problem Iā€™m having now is self imposed, after trying to flash firmware over bluetooth/tcp bridge I ended up putting my VESC in an unusable stateā€¦ managed to recover with an ST-Link but I still need to get the bootloader on there I beleive because the USB connection still doesnā€™t work as is so Iā€™ve been relying on the bluetooth module to update the firmware and configure things for the time being (all working at this point but think the bootloader is still missing so going to continue tinkering, figure I probably canā€™t brick it more than I have already and seems recoverable with ST-link in the worst case scenario)

i have sent you the data.

1 Like

Guys one question. Would an old metr module work with a unity or only the pro one can do it? Thx