Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

This is normal to get this fault message in the end of the upload. You get it because it reboots the vesc and i takes a couple of sec to get it connected again.

To Check if the fw is updated go to the firmware tab and check.

1 Like

Just as @Bjork3n said

I personally didn’t even notice the disconnect message at the bottom of the VESC tool, as I was already expecting it to disconnect upon finishing the flashing and rebooting.

@Bjork3n When I go to the tab firmware the software is the old, never update :frowning:

Check this video:

Did you updated before? When you don’t have bootloader that’s what happens

yes, I updated the firmware to version 3.34 in November

Vesc6 settings:

It feels very slow. I have the exact same settings using unit and focbox. It’s significantly slower with vesc6. Any ideas why?

1 Like

Seems like this thread is more active than you thought :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t think you are in the right thread.

@rpasichnyk hi! Just pulled the trigger on 2 metr pro modules. Super exited to finally have back telemetry with the Unity. I was waiting Enertion’s app but will take too long I guess. One question that it’s not totally clear to me. I know Metr works with Unity but it is possible to use it with the internal UART port? I read it somewhere but maybe now there is a more clear tutorial to follow. I would like to keep the external one for the remote or other device. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Yes, it is possible. You can check this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw the post I was hoping there was a step by step procedure since a lot of people are using unity by now. Maybe @sofu can you make a tutorial for it? A short on è is fine too. I was wondering the custom firmware allow you to chenge the interla UART baud rate or just change them to 115200 and you cna not play with it? Just to know which device will be compatible with the internal one since some modules use 9600, other 115200. Is the firmware still update or not there are new one? I have seen at least 2 official firmwares updates meanwhile.

Thank you

2 Likes

On my ride to work today my board lost Power all of a sudden. I could still brake but nothing happend when i pushed to throttle forward. Any idea whats going on? Duty 111% accoding to the metr app ? :thinking: Dont know if its the bms acting up or something might be wrong with my batterypack…

Which esc, esc fw, motors, battery, antispark, bms and how is it al wired up?

You got some weird readings at the end there. It goes over 100% duty a few times before the fault is logged.

What did you do after it happened to get going again?

I had this happen to me once and I kick pushed to get home and while kick pushing it suddenly sprung back to life.

Escapes fw3.38, maytech 6374 190kv, ali 12s bms bypassed or so I thought (discharge was connected to the charge lead, dumbass me), martinsp push to start v1, samsung 30q 12s6p.

Dual focboxes over can. Besttech bms with e-switch and 10s4p 30q made by eskating. Bms is not bypassed. dual 190kv 6374

I noticed the board wouldnt accelerate but braking was fine, i just turned the board off and on and it worked fine for the 3km i had left to get to work.

This has happend to me once before on a diffrent ride.

1 Like

Which firmware version?

Ackmaniac 3.102

I think i found the issue… Its seems to be the on/off switch. I taped it up when heading home from work and everything worked fine. I will replace the switch since it lost that “click” when turning on and off.

I had some issue yesterday, i tried to configure my remote over tcp bridge, but everytime i was activating rt/app on vesc tool, the metr is disconnecting. And i have to restart the board to connect back. I’m on ackmaniac 3.103 and dual focbox.

@rpasichnyk, do you have any plans to generate audio notifications from the Metr pro app for critical errors or even general info… If people have their earphones on while riding that’s a nice way of receiving information.

Like Jarvis. Haha.

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty cool idea… The skate can get close to Kit car :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It is already in the app :wink:

5 Likes