Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Someone contact Sean’s fiance and let her know he offered up her nipples on the esk8 altar before they were even married. Risky move.

3 Likes

Done… :wink:

IMG_20181224_192259

18 Likes

Wish there was a mega heart button haha

1 Like

Just so you know dude. I love you. I’m really glad your on the Enertion team. You’ve done things that they didn’t do in a year of begging them to. Open source. For real!

Edit- Duh. And the Unity. Which is amazing. That goes without saying.

2 Likes

Unity has 3 uart port, ima go steal some code now

4 Likes

Support for UNITY stock BLE module is not planned at the moment. We discussed this option with Enertion and I am happy we tried. Unfortunately timeframes and resources were constrained and we couldn’t come up with an agreement.

What we are working on with @hexakopter is adapting Metr Pro firmware and Metr App to the changes in UNITY code and making sure it all works well. We also have another project in the works, a smaller Metr Pro variant that can be fitted inside UNITY and replace the stock module.

20 Likes

!!! Exciting! This is great to hear! Can’t wait to pick one up :slight_smile:

1 Like

THIS is awesome. Great to hear that.

Thanks for the spoiler!

1 Like

How long till you will have the current units up and running with the unity? I have one board desperately waiting for you :frowning:

Soon™️

IMG_3901

11 Likes

Such a wise move…

If Enertion can’t agree a deal you just make a replacement that any DIYer can change out. Bravo

5 Likes

Where Can I find the other another spot to connect Metr pro. I installed the unity today.

The code stealing was sarcasm, was the other part also sarcasm? Did I use the term uart wrong? In drone boards it’s actually quite common.

There’s 2 ports that are not really accessible, under the cover on the 2X7 connector.

2 Likes

Same boat… i’m looking to find a solution to plug my photon receiver and the metr module on my unity. Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

image Picture by @pjotr47

It won’t be click-in and power on… I think this will require fine soldering.

@rpasichnyk You have an estimated timeline for the custom smaller module? I might want to change my order for that new module. Soldering that would be much easier then wires. transac nr: 0XH86601T4183640N

Can we just stick in those pointy wires in the 2x7 connector? Not enough space though in most casings. It will be fiddly if you’re not used to it.

3 Likes

Don’t expect it in the next weeks. It will take some time to test, program and source parts. I am in contact with @Deodand about getting a damaged Unity from the final production batch to see if the new smaller Metr Pro module would fit and work. Right now we don’t have a final production Unity to test the module and there are also other factors that could delay ETA. We will let you know when we could estimate a date.

@jadatmag Your module would be shipped today, but we can also hold it. Please let us know ASAP if you want to cancel the order. Its not a clean and nice option, but when you cut a hole in the orange silicone case of the Unity and build an adapter cable it could actually work. But I wouldn’t recommend that “dirty hack” and see problems with loose connections.

1 Like

Please hold it off for me.

Can I be be the first one to receive the special module? :heart_eyes:

I put you on the list that you want to buy one.

Any thoughts on what’s the best way to reattach antenna to the pcb?

1 Like

Buy a new one, plug n play.

I think there are links in this thread. The antennas should be the same as wifi router ones

1 Like