Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I hope we can replace the original bl module… I want to use the free UART port for something else.

1 Like

I hope @rpasichnyk just gonna add Unity module support. I want to keep my Unity as is. :smiley:

That would be awesome… but difficult with the payment. Now everyone paid for the expensive module and have to buy an extra app.

I mean it would be super nice to use the original Modul, but I don’t believe it

Guys if i want to be able to change settings on the focboxes with the pc without removing the enclosure do I need a bluetooth usb/card on my pc? Tcp bridge for example, does it require a bluetooth connection on the pc?

no, just a wifi/ethernet connection, no BT.

You need a BT adapter/card IF you want to connect directly via Bluetooth to the vesc tool. This works with the Linux and Mac tool (the one modded by Roman). But if you got a metr pro I would stick to TCP, now its hella fast.

Alternatively you could change settings just via the Metr App on the “expert” section

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! That’s awesome! Will try once I get the module :slight_smile:

Can u give us a small hint how u ll integrate the METR again? By using the UART port or are u able to use the original BL model from Enertion?

Business wise, it wouldn’t make sense for him to make the BT on the unities work on METR. Espeically when

A) The primary income for METR is from the sales of the modules

B) Enertion will not pay him for every unity Metrized

C) The Unity will become the primary dual VESC for the foreseeable future

More than likely, and business wise, he would either have to make METR a paid app (which would be a loss in income compared to the module) or keep on the current module and jsut update the METR mods to work with the way the unity flirts with UART. This is all speculation of course, but anyone could see why it wouldn’t make sense for the unity to be meterized without some form of compensation to subsidized the app.

1 Like

I really doubt this. 2019 is upon us dude.

popcorn is being eaten right now just be patient and watch before the pitchforks come out. :wink:

4 Likes

Do you have any information that proves otherwise ? Lmfao

Ugh… The future dude. Tell me a year that went by when electronics didn’t evolve. Not rocket science here.

I don’t see why the paid app is a loss in income… no extra hardware cost, no repairs of module… just super quick payment by in app purchase. Selling a software (app) is so much easier than dealing with hardware.

I mean for 98% of the people its totally fine to use the UART port. Its just one guys like me, who want to use two UART ports.

1 Like

Cool argument, keep fluffing your feathers in the name of the future

Sometimes products are created and they stick in their environment, of course it’s going to have competition via the Chinese and their insatiable hunger to clone things, but it’s just silly to say that " because x exists, y will exist and sweep it away"

This is silly. Good luck with that though. Just remember the days when @onloop was dissing hub motors and then the next year is making them. I’m going to stay with the forward thinking people and let those like yourself stay with the past. Considering the past in esk8 so far, I’d bet on the future. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure thing :+1:

How long has the focbox been the top dog?

1 Like

Does this have something to do with the electronics evolution? Because that’s just an opinion as far as facts go. This is just another Apple and Android conversation for you dude.

Hmmm I don’t know my dudes. 2018 saw a series of new ESC’s and even then the Focbox has stood on top because:

• Trampa is Expensive
  • Stewie’ is mia for the time being making the escapes and escape support severely limited
  • Flipsky are for the cost you get them
  • Maytech are Maytech
  • Focboxes work and have proven time and time again that they do.

Now that they’re gone and more people will want to run an efficient system , so long as the unity’s switch system works with no problems , there’s very little that makes it not the optimal choice.

It’s not just the cost of hardware that goes into metr but the software the support to catch and squash bugs, to help configurations and keep up with the latest release… a one time 4.99 a pop ain’t ganna cut it

That in combination with

and

and

Made me wanne ask what the last years top vesc was. As it’s just a simple question and you’re kinda unnecessarily dissing someone in a demeaning way who has the side of history on his side. As this market is very small I wouldn’t be to sure about “the electronics evolution” because only small vendors do the research and development at this moment.

Anyway. The Unity not having two uart ports makes me kinda sad. (Edit: it has 3 lololoool Edit agian: no it doesn’t) I think the target audience for Metr Pro contains a lot of people who also want a remote with telemetry over uart, me included. I just ordered a Metr Pro and have a Unity on the bench. So I’m interested in what rpasichnyk will or won’t do if the Unity really will be the top dog for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

What you’re missing is that Enertion prior to the Unity has been taking others design’s long before they found @Deodand and the Unity. Not to mention, steals open source code without providing it back as legally required. @Blasto just made the design better. I can vouch for his work because I’ve been running two vesc-x’s for two years that he personally fixed for me. I blew two FOCBoxes in a week the first time I ran them. Not to mention all the others with QC issues. I’m not dissing anyone. I’m stating the facts. This is a evolution. And whether Enertion takes the reigns , there will be evolution regardless.

If what I’m saying is wrong in 2019. I’ll actually cut off my nipples and my fiancés in place of @brenternet’s.

2 Likes