Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Just set it to your desired battery pack life.

Iā€™m talking about changing it on the fly

Hello, did you find a workaround ? Iā€™ve a similar problem: Dual condig with focbox, latest ackmaniac. Works with metr app. With esc monitor, i can find the module and connect to it, but no dataā€¦

Hi @rpasichnyk and all!

I have my antennas, DO YOU? IMG_5901

Metr Pro works great, but I noticed my spent Wh are waaaay off, my battery pack is 12S10Ah LiPo and this equals to roughly 444Wh in the pack. Do You need some log files to look into it @rpasichnyk?

Have a nice day folks!

2 Likes

Sweet setup! Itā€™s a known bug I guess. With VESC count being wrong. Will have a look!

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray: Just finished second ride today, this time it looks like metr Wh count is right.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t ask me why, because I donā€™t have a clue. After the update to the METR android app last week my module started working. It might have something to do with the firmware of the FocBoxā€™s, Im running @Ackmaniac 2.54. Either way, its working now.

2 Likes

For people like me, comming from the R/C hobby, these antennas for the Frsky x4r receiver and others, fits perfect and cost like nothing, and dont take up much space, and is 2,4ghz as well IMG_20180729_131811

7 Likes

I wanted to say I have just bought 3 modules and it is looking very good! it is the first module that can connect to my Android 8.0!! I am very satisfied! the other, cheap, modules do not stand with the security requirements by bluetooth protocol and thus ignored by android 8

1 Like

Sorry if this has been asked before.

But Iā€™m a first time Can-bus user. My ppm receiver is connected to the master (vesc 0) ā€¦ Do i also need to connect this module to the master, or is slave okay ?

And is it plug and Play with the escape vescā€™s ? Thanks

Update. Damnā€¦ I need a 8p connector :frowning:IMG_20180812_171513

Mine is connected to the master, not the slave

Okay thanks, i Will do that

@Silverline you can connect either to master or slave, it doesnā€™t matter. We only supply 7p connector as it works just as well in 8p slot, you shouldnā€™t have any issues with that. Please check the pin order on your ESCape, if I recall correctly they are in reverse order. Not just RX and TX, all pins are in reverse order. Would be great if you confirm that and let us know :wink:

@rpasichnyk thanks for replying back :grinning: cool i can use both slave or master.

This is from the escape IMG_20180812_193035

1 Like

Oh yes it is reversed. You need to pop out all the pins on one side of the cable carefully, flip the plastic part, and insert back in. This thing in ESCape makes me so sad :frowning: Please fix it @stewii, please, please

Nice fuse you got there :wink: And yeah the pins are completely reversed on the ESCapes. Swapped them all round on mine for the 1st install and everything works fine :+1:

1 Like

You do have to twist each wire round 180 degrees before putting them back in the connector so the little tang is on the right side. Bit tricky as itā€™s a ribbon cable, easier if you separate the wires back a cm or two.

Hey guys, could it be that my nano x is causing interference with my metr module? Every time use the throttle it disconnects with my phone

So the ā€œADC 3ā€ on the escape is not in use ?

Metr. -> escape 5 v. -> 5v 3,3v. -> vcc Gnd. -> gnd Swc. -> adc1 Tx/rx -> rx Tx/rx. -> tx Swd -> adc2

Is that right ?

@AndyBigD thanks, itā€™s a nice compact fuse :grinning:

Roman - Will you updating your vesc tool to run with vesc FW 3.40 or do I need to downgrade to FW 3.39 to work with metr-pro BTE ? Thanks