Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Hi @rpasichnyk Im sorry to be one of those guys and I’m probably doing/done something wrong but i’ve recently go one of your dongles, i’ve followed all the steps on the site and i’m not getting any data from my vesc’s.

I’ve got it installed to my second vesc (ID1) which is set to PPM & UART and the UART is set to 115200 bps but i’m not getting any data through.

Even when clicking on the cog of the module in the app i see the metr pros version but its not pulling any version data from the vesc. i’ve tried this on stock 3.38 and also your custom 3.28 (if that’s still valid) but either FW i’m not getting any telemetry.

Do you have any suggestions on why i may be having issues?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Please go to Settings -> Show Log and send it to [email protected] I’ll have a look

Thanks, I’ve emailed that over as requested.

Seeing a lot of NRF_SERIAL_EVENT_DRV_ERR in the logs…

Thank you @rpasichnyk for your assistance this evening getting this resolved.

1 Like

Hey @mmaner how did it go with your Metr Pro module? I think @LoR_NiKoN had a very similar issue and what helped in the end is “forgetting” the module from iOS Settings -> Bluetooth and uninstalling and installing the app again from the App Store.

My kids enclosure broke, I’ve been rebuilding his board. I’ll try that today It’s Android though. Does that matter?

1 Like

On Android you can also “Forget” / remove bluetooth devices saved on the system, try that together with switching bluetooth off and on, if you have the problem.

2 Likes

Just purchased the metr pro without external antenna, I’m gonna use the ownboard ESC case.

My setup is 2 x Torqueboard VESC, just to confirm, it is compatible right?

Yes, it is compatible

First of all, great work @rpasichnyk and @hexakopter! Module works amazing!

I have a question about recorded telemetry data, is there a way to see and analyze records from both VESCs separately? I have a problem with hall sensors in one motor (connected do master VESC) and would like to compare it with the good one (connected to slave VESC) to which is also connected Metr.

Also: is there any plan to store data in module and send it to the app afterwards?

Can the vesc firmware be updated via Bluetooth

@squad Not yet. The dual data is only displayed, but not recorded. The recorded data is from the VESC which Metr Pro is connected to. I plan to implement it later in the app. @webst there is a plan which involves SD card. There are additional pins routed on the back of the module for that. No ETA though. @Soul40ne yes it can. Latest VESC firmware v3.39 is available to update via metr app.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification, can’t wait for metr update which will implement recording data from both vescs :wink:

Just ordered one. Cant wait! :d

@rpasichnyk my board stopped responding after trying to change modes. an error popped up about firmware being <= 2.18 or something, i didn’t write it down before dismissing it.

i tried connecting to the focbox over tcp bridge, and then directly through USB. i’m seeing this error. any ideas?

06%20PM03%20PM

When the SD get implemented I will surely get one, I tried to keep track of my mileage but it’s not always that I bring my phone

If all records get stored on board and you only need the phone to view them would be perfect

3 Likes

Oh that would be fucking awesome :grinning: I also forget to start my metr app sometimes , and with the old module i sometimes have connections issues … With a sd card, you will never loose data :slight_smile: ETA. On this :slight_smile:

@rpasichnyk I’m using this logger on my FPV racing quads, to record data from the flight. Could it be used together with the metr module in the future?https://m.ebay.com/itm/AB01-FPV-BLACKBOX-FLASH-DATA-RECORDER-CLEANFLIGHT-OPENLOG-QUADCOPTER-FPV/132631144430?hash=item1ee16ea7ee%3Ag%3A8PIAAOSwdvpWDzJR&_nkw=Blackbox+openlog&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m4084.l1313

2 Likes

Yep, the site adds €10 VAT and €12 shipping even if its coming from a city an hour away in a flat pack bag. so a €40 module ends up costing €62. Then if you want to add a €3 antenna its another €12 plus €3 VAT for a total of €77

Shipping is far overpriced for Europe . I sent a 5kg box to sweden from Germany last week tracked for €15, so I don’t see how a 20g module sent from an hour away in the next city over and cost almost the same price is justified …

1 Like

Would anyone use battery cutoff end in the modes section? I’ve usually keep conservative cutoffs, however I’ve been out when the battery has gotten almost to “empty” but the pack has more of you just change the limit to get that extra but of distance.