Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I can confirm that for the ESCape , all connections are in reverse order. I made an adapter and it works very well.

2 Likes

Yes, ADC3 is the 8th pin added on HW6 VESCs (official and alternatives). Let it free. If you donā€™t want to bother you swapping all the Metr Pro wires, just leave free (but isolated by heatshrink for example) Swd, Swc, and 5V. I did it on mine to be able to connect Metr Pro on Escape. This 180Ā° twist on pins didnā€™t make so confident in matter of reliability.

1 Like

Itā€™s an easy task to switch the pins around. It was just to making sure that i was doing it in the right order, hence the writing on the escape dosnā€™t match metr

Like ā€œswcā€ to adc1

@rpasichnyk can you update us how the is DieBieMS integration is going?

I can connect to it via the terminal but can only issue a single command and receive a response, after that the input seems ignored. (dual 4.12 vesc, CAN cable T-splitted to the BMS CAN port, everyting latest (public) version

Iā€™m sure I had been answered at some point but I donā€™t have time to read the full thread. If you are running a dual setup via canbus do you need 2 modules to be able to change setting on master and slave Vesc?

1 Like

No, one is enough.

I got 2 modules. They initially connect, but if I close the app and reopen it, it doesnā€™t find the module again. Same thing if I power off the vesc and turn it back on.

The only way to get it to work again is to unpair the module and then repair each time, but this is obviously not supposed to work that way.

I am using a Galaxy S6 Android 7, but also saw this issue on other phones I tested. I tried both modules ā€¦ same issue.

Vesc firmware: 3.101 (ackmaniac)

Any ideas?

I have a hard time connecting to vesc-tool from my computer via BLEā€¦ Do my phone need to be connected to the meter module as well, or is the connection made directly between my computer and metr module ?

@isabar I respond to your mail you wrote to [email protected] with the same question. Please send us the log files.

@Silverline No, your phone must be disconnected from your Metr Pro module when you want to connect to VESC Tool over bluetooth. What VESC Tool are you using? As it is stated here

you need this VESC Tool with some BLE related code changes to get it working.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ i give it at try. I thought that the newest vesc-tool from Vedder, was supporting BLE connection, the ā€œBLE tabā€ is there, and all thatā€¦ Since @rpasichnyk was mentioned that Vedder was implementing BLE function ?

UPDATE. It is working with the version from github :-). What is funny though, is that i was using the regular vesc-tool 0.95ā€¦ But with the 0.95 version from Github, vesc-tool tels me that my fw is newer than the tool ?

1 Like

ordered, stoked :slight_smile: thank you

What does this mean ? I had some wird behaviour on the ride. Is that what it mean ?

You have at least an over current fault. Looks like you got it while breaking. What are your current settings on the VESC?

1 Like

How did you find that in the log ?(update, ohhh the red line cool)

Both my motor minimum and battery minimum (regen) are -30a ā€¦ So not wery high, im using dual escapesā€¦ And no bms (12s lipo) The throttle stop working for a secondā€¦ But i was not brakingā€¦

It is marked by a red vertical line in the log. You can see it just to the right of 18:40.

Yes just saw that. Awesome thanks

But i dont understand why a get this failure. I was not not going fast at All, i was not braking hard at All. It just come random, from time to time.

1 Like

Benjamins version just supports BLE for Linux systems. To get Windows and Mac support you need the linked version with slightly code changes.

Great to hear that it is now working for you. Benjamins VESC Tool got updated to version 0.95 which added FW3.39 support. That 0.95 is what Romans version is based on. After that Benjamin updated version 0.95 to also get FW3.40 support but doesnā€™t changed the new version to 0.96 but is still using 0.95 as version number.

What VESC version are you using? I got some random overcurrents with HW4.12 in the past. Please note that this fault has nothing to do with your Metr Pro module and is just based on your VESC. Metr Pro just visualize the over current error inside your record/graph as @oyta said.

1 Like

Thanks man, for clearing this up. Then i must "downgrade my fw then :slight_smile: Or will the github version soon support 3.40fw ?? @rpasichnyk

I know it has nothing to do with my metr pro moduleā€¦ I just wants to find out whats wrong, and maybe metr pro module can help me with that :slight_smile:

IĀ“m on the original 3.40fw with my escapes (vesc 6 ) at the momentā€¦

Well fuck me Iā€™m colorblind. @rpasichnyk Can you make this line blue? Or have some option for us colorblind folks?

To me the line looks the same as above 18:40 as after. Well actually the one after is slightly darker I suppose.

4 Likes

With battery min (regen) of -30A I guess you are using LiPo? It seems too low for LiIon.

You can lower the motor min to at least -60 per VESC to get more power on the breaking with low duty cycle.

And what is your absolute current Max?