Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Hey @rpasichnyk, I just got my Metr Pro module, and so far I think it’s possibly the coolest upgrade I’ve done for my board.

I noticed 1 bug though. Sometimes it will write the 2nd vesc’s hall sensor config to Vesc 1. Since those are different on my board, the vesc 1 motor will not spin at slow speed anymore until I do a redetect through the vesc tool.

Using vesc FW 3.38 on both vescs (Raptor 2, FOCBOX)

1 Like

Nice find! Very interesting bug. Can you please go to Settings -> Show Log and send to [email protected]? This way I can see your configuration and it will be easier to reproduce the problem here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll do that as soon as I hit it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good news. Metr Pro modules with external antenna are back in stock. You can now also choose a smaller antenna as it was asked from the community. You can see a size comparison in the picture. ExternalAntenna The small antenna is 33mm long and 9mm in diameter.

7 Likes

I like the small one. Was performance good? Will you sell them separate or show us where to get them?

Thank you, great product :+1:

1 Like

That is great!

For those of us who have already purchased several of the metr chips with larger antenna, can you let us know how or where to purchase the replacement smaller antenna? Pls pm me if necessary, thanks!

2 Likes

I did not noticed any performance difference to the bigger antenna. When you compare antenna gain it is 2.5 dBi for the bigger antenna and 2.0 dBi for the smaller one. So in theory when mounted the antenna correctly you should get a slightly higher range because of the narrower and longer main lobe. But thats just theory and in reality you most likely will not notice. :slight_smile: The main advantage of the external antennas to be able mounting them outside your carbon enclosure or anything else dampening the electromagnetic field massively applys to both antennas.

It would be possible for us to sell the antenna separately, but also without tracking number shipping is a lot more expensive then what is possible when ordering from China. So here a link where you can get those:

Feel free to contact us if you still want them from us to get faster shipping.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast reply and explanation :+1:

even cheaper?!

1 Like

Looks like it. I think it should work. You can also search for other small 2.4GHz antennas with the fitting connector on Amazon and eBay.

Looks good! same price for small or large antenna?

Hey @rpasichnyk, is there a way to switch from metric to imperial after uploading data? Sorry if this is obvious or already covered, but couldnt figure out how…

Have you tried uploading it one more time after switching to metric?

@plasteroid yes same price

@Dmaxx you can change it like this mov

7 Likes

No f$&@in’ way :exploding_head:

:sweat_smile: That is elegantly simple, so simple I overlooked!

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk sent an email with logs about that bug. Also, feature request, is it at all possible to put the battery voltage besides the percentage?

1 Like

You know you can edit the screen by long touching?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk I seem to have found two bugs.

When running perimetr and doing motor foc hall sensor detection the values aren’t written.

The metr temp measurement in real time I had 90 degress Celsius motor temp but when uploading the recorded record it only shows top temperature 66 degrees Celsius max motor temperature.

1 Like

@Jamy @sayekim thank you for bug reports, I will look at them! Yes, it is possible to show Voltage on the Realtime Tab, long press to enter layout editing mode and drag cells around, tap to enable/disable, press&hold to resize

Update: bug with FOC Hall Sensor detection confirmed. Working on it.

2 Likes