MBS Metal Matrix II Trucks

I will try it out. Thanks for the quick response!

Are you describing the Kingpin or axle?

Ah, the kingpin, not the axle. :flushed:

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s nearly impossible on the current trucks. The axles are serrated then press fit with a giant press. In theory… secure the aluminum hanger in a vice. Make a steel “doughnut” (i.d. 12mm / o.d. approx 50mm). Slide that onto the axle. Tighten the axle nut. Then hammer on the doughnut to pull the axle out of the hanger. The easier option might be for us to make removable axles on our next version of these trucks…

4 Likes

@MBS would be great to have removable axles like Surfrodz, with shoulder bolts. This way the width could be personalized for each drivetrain. And there would be more precision in the measurements

5 Likes

+1 And you could sell fancy Titanium aftermarket fitment versions

1 Like

My DWII is coming tomorrow! Cant’t wait to have a fang on it.

1 Like

Yew!!! Fang it dang it.

2 Likes

somebody else experienced quality issues?

I received truck which is a bit bended and the axle is pressed in crooked. Impossible to install the gearbox on that truck. I can use it as my front truck or sent it back.

unnamed%20(1) unnamed%20(2) unnamed%20(3) unnamed

2 Likes

that is awful, I had issues too

Just sent them back

3 Likes

That’s terrible. Definitely send it back. Submit your warranty claim on our site first though. https://www.mbs.com/warranty I’ll follow up to see how that got through QC.

5 Likes

Mine is not that visible. But the truck extension won’t go on. The other hanger is alright. So I just swapped them.

1 Like

If that works for you that’s fine. But just so you know we’ll warranty anything that’s not right.

4 Likes

Yeah, I should be fine. Plus I sanded down the axle a lot already. That’s why I asked previously how to remove the axle haha.

thanks

I bought them from the MBS Europe website. was already in contact with Maxtrack but I will also fill in the warranty claim

Gotcha. Just keep going through MBS Europe and let me know if you have an trouble. The link I sent is only relates to North America.

1 Like

@MBS the ESK8BUILD25 coupon code don’t work anymore on MBS Europe, it’s to buy some metal top trucks

Today i used the code esk8build15 try that…worked for me.

I also ordered two new metal top trucks…and the swanky new carbon rockstar hubs… :shushing_face: :heart_eyes:

mbscarb

1 Like

The 25% code was just for cybermonday last year. The 15% code is the ongoing one.
Glad you like the new Nemesis!

4 Likes

Hi Joel. I bought the metal top truck. It seems there is a gap between the truck and the axle. What is procedure here? Tighten or find a washer?? Thanks FB_IMG_1560650209392

1 Like