MBS Metal Matrix II Trucks

Definitely shouldn’t look like that. Is the other plastic bushing is missing from the other side of the hanger? Pictured below. There should be two of these per truck. The flange should be between the top truck and the bottom truck on both sides.

4 Likes

That actually my board on the picture and many Lacroix Owners on the Facebook group experience the same problem. Both plastic bushings were installed.

1 Like

several people having same problem in Lacroix board owners group.

I also had to deal with this and the two MM top trucks I received were not the same as each other. I ended up making two different pair of flanged bearings to make them work. On the plus side, nice work for the price but they should be more consistent in their dimensions…

Picture as received with stock flanged bearings:56

Custom parts installed:

One more comment, your commitment to the tiny nuts is questionable and to recess 2 of them into the top truck is pointless and a waste of effort since it makes them far more difficult to mount. I bridged mine with 15mm fender washers and use regular skateboard hardware.

7 Likes

Are you making dampers for MBS trucks?

Not currently.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this guys. Can you measure this distance for me? Just trying to find out if it’s the top truck or bottom truck that has the problem. image

Mine were 59.06mm and 59.31mm respectively. Optimal for use with the 2.54mm thick flanges and a 52.32mm hanger would be 57.40mm wide.

1 Like

57.3mm here with no gap.

2 Likes

59.3 and 58.5

1 Like

@MBS, what are you finding with the stock at MBS?

@MBS, any updates on this?

Unfortunately the US is sold out until the next batch arrives (July/Aug) so we can’t check any there. For the complete trucks any potential gap gets closed when the kingpin is tightened so can’t check that stock. Here in Australia the limited stock we have measures 58.0, 58.1, 58.2, 58.3, 58.5.

A little gap obviously isn’t a problem since the tightening of the kingpin easily closes gaps. All dims have associated tolerances and we prefer to have a little gap rather than having an interference fit to make assemble easy.

BUT @Schteev’s picture above shows more than a “little gap”. I’m guessing that’s more than 2mm. Tightening the king pin will still close that gap but it’s still not right. It’s out of our tolerance so it needs to be investigated. I’m following up on that now.

At the end of the day if something isn’t right for a customer it’s not right for us. If anyone has a gap like @Schteev’s and they’re not happy with the king pin cinching it up submit a warranty claim via our website (mbs.com for North America) and we’ll sent you a replacement when they’re back in stock.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

9 Likes

I thought your were based in Colorado, USA

My brother and I are originally from Colorado and our head office is still in Colorado Springs. These days I live in Australia and run product related stuff from here. Good times!

4 Likes

Any plans to offer pulleys in the US?

4 Likes

They’re on their way! Available by August at the latest.

5 Likes

Any measurement data on the new shipment yet?

Will get that for you this week.

By the way, did you guys see the new oil-slick color on the Metal Matrix II trucks that just landed? Still working to get some shots that represent the color really well. In some of the shots now they just look chromish which isn’t quite right. They’re tough to shoot, but I can guarantee they look amazing in person. https://www.mbs.com/parts/12204-mbs-metal-matrix-ii-truck-system-oil-slick

10 Likes