MBS Metal Matrix II Trucks

We need to talk about this enclosure setup? Oh and about batteries… motors… shit, we just need to talk! :grin:

1 Like

Are you sure? It’s very narrow, just big enough for the slim velcro strap which holds the wires.

2 Likes

Good eye @Nemesis. We added that hole to the F5 ladder cover a while back with DIY cable routing in mind. For instance, you could route wires (from a battery box between your feet) underneath the ladder strap cover, and out that hole to the motors. It just keeps the wires a little more out of the way of the ratchet when ratcheting.

6 Likes

I have ye old f4 bindings (for now) my vesc-batt cable goes underneath the bindings ladder strap cover, like you have threaded your velcro strap but obviously still following the same route and positioning as your cable.

Edit… yes its narrow but i took the strap out threaded the xt90 head and shrink wrapped cable then back in with the ladder/strap.

Where can buy the mbs metal top truck In Europe I don’t want to buy a complete new truck I just bought the old one a month ago. 12211%20-%201

Seems not to be stocked in Europe at present so either you need some help reshipping from the US, go you need to pay a bit extra to be cool

2 Likes

I see I can buy the truck in Europe I hope I get a discount with the code and I sell my old trucks never used :persevere:

The MBS Metal Matrix II Top Trucks will be available in Europe by the end of May.

@MBS

Did I miss something? 13 Apr was the est. in stock date but it got pushed out to sometime in May. I didn’t even get a chance to order (I put it in my calendar too) haha

The complete MBS Metal Matrix II trucks should are available everywhere at this time. The top trucks sold out fast in the US (back in stock in May), and Europe will get their first batch around the same time.

1 Like

@MBS Is it possible that the new metal top truck (without the shock block adapter) would retro fit on the older matrix spring truck?

so i end up with something like this…

mbs_matrix_pro_truck_-_gold

1 Like

Yes. 100%. That’s one of the reasons I kept that basic design - I love compatibility.

5 Likes

Anyone who made the swap to the metal baseplates notice a difference in carving? I’m not 100% sure but it seems more “carvey” but maybe because I swapped from knobbies to road tires…

1 Like

Didn’t notice that, but I ride it like just a fiew kms …
(and with the e-toxx base plate too (10/15km))
Maybe you have set the exact same pressure on the damper … just an idea … maybe you feel better and better on your board and carve way more now ^^

So we will be able to buy just the metal base/top plate separately?

Asking because…well…

1 Like

If you are state side…

Just got to wait for restock

Thanks, I’m in Europe (for now) UK, hope they’ll start selling them here as well.

2 Likes

Definitely available separately. Our UK distributor should have theirs very soon, definitely before the end of May. Check with www.mbseurope.com

2 Likes

Anyone know a way to take the axle out of the hanger?

Take the bolt and washers off. Smack the threaded end with a hammer to push it through. Grab the socket head with a pair of mole grips and pull it straight out. Worked for me. Getting it back in is a bastard though. I found I had to put it back in with the blocks out then fit the blocks afterwards.

1 Like