Yes Hole pattern same as the superstar.

2 Likes

After much research I learned:

@nowind doable?

@kaly can I buy some wheels?!?

2 Likes

YES maybe need some shims but should be a piece of cake (-;

3 Likes

@mbs is there a bit more concrete time line for it? I really would like to get a set Matrix2 with aluminum base plate and in the next weeks I would even have an oportunity to get them sent together with some other stuff to Russia. If I would know they are available in the next week i would wait for it.

3 Likes

@Nowindā€™s black MBS drive with @Kalyā€™s black wheels would look sick

3 Likes

Kinda on and off topic but the QC could be better on the pro wheelsā€¦ imo

4 Likes

You can get some wheels.

The only problem is that Iā€™m using a different bearing and you will need a different axle 9.98mm

@Sender I can send @Nowind a hanger for him to work on your project.

4 Likes

Awesome, sending a pm

1 Like

Is that plastic or nylonā€¦aint no way on Godā€™s green earth will I EVER get on a board going 30+ mph with plastic trucks. Have they lost their ENTIRE minds. Iā€™m glad you are ok bruhā€¦wtf, plastic?

I wouldnā€™t say anyone has ā€œlost their minds.ā€ We are putting these pieces of hardware through more than they were designed for.

@MBS has been cool and open, and wants to make improvements on their design to better accommodate our needs.

Pretty damn cool.

8 Likes

Its not plastic, its a composite. Its very strong and failures have been very few. Maybe save your judgments until you understand better.

4 Likes

This is about the time I started skateboarding. In my neighborhood I had to hide my board in my book bag because if the other kids saw itā€¦theyā€™d beat you up. it was rough in those days guys.

haha, mine doesnā€™t get in (or very very hard on just 2 and alf rims). They took me from above, spoke to me like a kid who knows nothing for a simple question (the story of bearing ā€¦). I immediately gave up seeing the lack of understanding and the disdain/scorn from MBS team. I have to get a manual press of 1000kg or more ā€¦ I try my best, but impossible (cold bearing, hot rims or vice versa ā€¦ hold and mallet etc.).

I will wait for an E-Toxx trucks and rims I guess :smile:

2 Likes

Well i had to use two cheap G clamps a large rubber mallet a short plank and a large amount of aggression, but i got them all in before i noticed how poor the hubs were when it comes quality, ive got four more pro hubs on the way so i can make one good set of four out of eight and have a spareā€¦ hopefully

edit this time tho i will check over each hub part before mashing in new bearingsā€¦

1 Like

You could find someone with a table viceā€¦ if not a friend then a garage near you somewhere will have one or wood shop perhaps.

1 Like

US should have the metal top trucks mid-Feb.

4 Likes

Hi mate!

I can advise you to choose their ROCKSTAR2 rims. They are perfect! : light, good looking, durable and cheap!!

I think they are my favorite rims!

MBS JANTES ROCKSTAR II NOIRES - POWERKITER

1 Like

Exactly what I got after this this summer :wink: thx to @Yann ! (also cause the Pro doesnā€™t fit the last e-Toxx GD ^^ ) But I already ride Fivestar from years on 9" Primo and like you say and even more : light, looking fine, durable, cheaper and for 6.5, 7, 8 and 9" ! But I would like to change for the new Darth Vapor comingā€¦ you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit : and verry easy to remove bearing !

2 Likes

So you rode fivestar and now ride rockstar 2s? Iā€™ve been thinking about making the upgrade when the white ones come back in stock. Do you notice a difference?

Yes, I got the fkn e-toxx MBS GD silent kit for my next eMTB. So I change for Rockstar2 to fit it during the time to make it compatible with the Fivestar ^^ (or the 9" superstar like by 3dservisas, but those are super heavyā€¦). So I can tell you now, but the difference is on the rims and how they old in place the tires against themā€¦ (hope to be clear enough). I notice nothing in the ride.

I really prefer 9" for offroad emtboarding. And the Bergmeister for all terrain in the city :slight_smile:

2 Likes