Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

Yeah their boards look like :poop: But the propulsion systems look nice, scorpion motors are exy, but $$$ (I like mine?) Can’t you run a sss inrunner instead?

Some kind of hybrid v hull-surf board that was tilt steer would be rad :bomb:

1 Like

hmmm wonder what this could be…

10 Likes

Falcon? :smiley:

1 Like

I have had some real problems with speed wobbles above 33-34 mph on my dual motor switchblade build. I saw you were using TB extended trucks. Are you using the stock bushings that came with the trucks or did you upgrade to barrel bushings? I know my board should be capable of at least 40mph but I just can’t get over the speed wobbles :frowning:

I am a pretty experienced downhill rider so I am pretty sure nothing is wrong with my technique or anything. Its just if I accelerate past 34 the back truck just gets super unstable.

Any advice would be great!

1 Like

wow. I apparently can’t read. I just saw your bushing setup in your first post. But still, any other tips for avoiding speed wobbles above 30?

Deckoz do you know if your 6374 motors are much shorter than SK3 6374 motors?

How long is your total motor length ? Thanks.

Yea man, stay on a rail in a stready carve :slight_smile: I try not to go straight. That bushings setup has actually changed

I’m running 89a barrels road and board side rear with atopic precision cups on both 89a board, 86a road up front with atopic precision cups on both now

Torqueboards motor cans are 74mm exactly excluding shaft

Sk3 6374 is 86mm excluding shaft

Sk8 6374 is 89mm excluding shaft

:slight_smile:

Yerrrrrp

How long are motors you sell ?

I don’t sell motors :slight_smile: I just buy them :slight_smile:slight_smile: If you meant use…I use the torqueboard 6374 190kv motors(74mm long)

2 Likes

In theory less rolling resistance should equal more range and a probably unnoticeable increase in top speed from whatever less voltage sag you get from less resistance. Direct torque transfer sounds so nice though.

1 Like

So I never skate in the rain. And for the last year or so I have managed to avoid it. So I’ve never really known how well my sealing works.

Well was out in the middle of the forest a few miles. Ended up skating pretty wet greenways with up to a half inch of water. And then it was pouring for a mile until I found a bridge.

Sealing was fine. But opened my eyes to using a closed DC charging port. So I’m going to be looking at a sealed DC charging port replacement as the charge port, while it didn’t short(didn’t expect it to) but I did have electrolysis on the water that was in the port. Which cleaned up in a second with alcohol and a fresh Spritz of corrosion X

11 Likes

Maybe a little wet. My battery enclosure has fairly large holes. Gonna be for that Texas heat… Did you ever figure out the gear drive clearance? Enough to carve like normal.

Yea. It’s all on and good with the 2.4:1 setup. Other reductions might not work with these motors. But it is running fine @E1Allen

Here is a video of it running in this post

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/master-evo-landyachtz-abec-107-13s5p-focbox-6374-190kv-metr/44411/394?u=deckoz

How’d you seal it up?

I used two lines if “D” shaped door trim. One on the edge of the enclosure one on the inside side of the holes. And all of the bolts have rubber o-rings sealing the drill holes.

2 Likes

Build sealing deserves a thread of its own. Lots of different approaches. I was going to apply silicone to the deck holes before epoxying the inserts. Was then going to use some kind of foam / rubber gasket.

4 Likes

I just ordered 5 lbs of silicone mold putty

https://www.alumilite.com/store/p/924-Mold-Putty-15.aspx

I am going to try to make a gasket out of it. I have a plan… or it will fail miserably like many of my ambitions. Only time will tell.

5 Likes

Nice. I think the double D trim worked pretty darn well(basically a d trim on both sides of the enclosure holes and o-rings on the screws)

I actually think this board is 100% for rain riding now…just gonna replace the DC charge plug so it’s closed since it faces the ground to avoid electrolysis.

And maybe make some wheel shields for 107s. My legs were so dirty hahaha

As well she needs a scrub

8 Likes

You mean just this?:

Works fine for me, it even creates some sealing on the 8mm-bore hole on the enclosure.

3 Likes

the plastic flap always breaks on me, then i lose them