Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

What @mikenyc said I had a plastic flap. Lost it the first day the board was road ready lol… I mean more like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795464LP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MI-eBbFVETXN4

2 Likes

I also once almost lost one flap. But it was because the nut became loose. Some silicone-hot glue on the thread fixed it. And since then it has stayed where it should be.

But your option would be more bullet proof for sure :wink:

Damn, that would mean I’d have to change the tip on my charger. I dig it though.

1 Like

The good thing is… it comes with the tip for your charger to change… Or you can just make an adapter 5.5 to new connection and just hot plug it when you need it without cutting your charger. :slight_smile:

Yea mine got ripped off by the sidewalk or grass… It’s definitely not long term sealing. And the few times I rode before it got ripped off. it faces the ground… so it vibrated out… I need something that won’t vibrate out…

7 Likes

Sorry for my foul language ahead of time. But I fucking love your builds dude!!! You’re good at what you do. Keep them coming please!

2 Likes

ahhh I see, mine sits as usually on the side:

2 Likes

Foul? It is expected with true expression :slight_smile:

Thanks man!!

Also cleaning my baby… https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkO-dpFE2L/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1mj5fofuspyx8

2 Likes

And I thought I was the only guy that washes his board in the kitchen sink. Lol.

3 Likes

Hahahaha nope @SeanHacker. All the time. Although I do use a old dish scrubber for my boards not the actual dish scrubber haha…

My wife got home the first time I was cleaning the board…I had actually just gotten new kitchen Ware and it was still in the bed bath and beyond bag. Haha total freakout that I was washing the board with the dish scrubber… Then I opened the bag of goodies. Lol

3 Likes

So the grip tape, can handle some water when cleaning, without slipping or anything ??

1 Like

Griptape is basically sandpaper grit on a plastic sheet with adheasive backing. Griptape isn’t paper :slight_smile: only the backing you peel off before you stick it is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I actually bought some off brand chines grip awhile back that was on paper. I shit canned it. 99% of grip is in a plastic sheet but be careful of cheap grip.

2 Likes

Check this thread out dude

1 Like

So figured I’d post a random update about the gear drives. They’re sitting at about 350 hard miles. I’ve smacked them about a dozen times and they just eat it up. And I mean like smacked the shit at like 30mph lol. Anyway, they are built strong and it’s really only big ass rocks, and a few curbs whee. I’ve been half in grass half on street.

They eat it like a champ, stay square, and just keep rolling. Gear drives for me, are here to stay. I will use them every opportunity I get. I just need @Kug3lis to make a surfrodz version and I will never touch belts again on any future build.

Looking forward to V2 and the updates @Kug3lis has in store for us. This is definitely the future IMO. And I’ve ridden with alot of guys and they cannot even tell it is gears instead of belts. The sound difference is really only picked up by a microphone due to the difference octave of gears and belts. So everyone that has a hold back about gears… they’re just as silent while riding.

20 Likes

Holding back on the price :slightly_frowning_face:

Excellent stuff costs good monies.

7 Likes

yeah same. I’m sure the price will come down once some chinese company gets their hands on the design and starts mass-producing it but that also means our friends here on the forum will lose an income source

if i learned anyhting here and from my own expierence is that you don’t buy the cheap stuff for crucial parts. I mean the amount of forces applied on those gears…i wouldn’t buy cheap stuff… I don’t believe the casual rider will buy such a product and his product is highend, so he doesnt realy has a competition since he has a completly different customerbase.

4 Likes

Good stuff is worth it over cheap stuff, I agree.

Yea… I think the mixture of maintenance over time is gonna be a big plus.

• Gears shouldn’t wear out lubricated the way they are
  • gear boxes are sealed, so debris cannot get in between the mesh, wearing the gears
  • the bearings and gears are lubricated with white lithium paste, in a sealed environment.

The only point of access for dirt is the outer wheel bearing seal, with regular whiping. In a sealed evnvironment, my bearing maintenance should be 0% for the rear. As well I never have to replace belts, or pulleys. The motor bearings have been replaced on one end with open shielded nsk bearings, and are also open to the lubrication of the gearbox. Which should also enable longer motor life, as the bearings under load are typically the shaft/pulley side that degrade.

I think the extra cost in the beginning, will outweigh maintenance over time, and give me that “endless” ride, with close to no maintenance. As the installed bearings are all new and have never, and will never be subjected to debris to wear down the races, as well the lubrication can not spin out, so the chances of running dry are also minimized…

4 Likes

Valid points. All good reasons why is drop money for an off road setup. I just don’t know if I put the intense miles on my street board.

1 Like