Lysk8 | Voodoo XL | Caliber | 83mm Flywheels | Alien 6355 190kv 2200W | Single Drive | 10SP3 Li-ion | VESC

one more thing is the tightness of the belt! if its fairly loose, it runs a lot easier compared to a really tight belt.

Im also running super swiss 6 btw, love these bearings - they are absolutely silent and run sooo well, best bearings I ever had!! :heart_eyes:

range of 27km is quite spot on with what I found for me ā†’ your battery has 270Wh and when I take things easy, I need 10Wh/km with my single 6374 setup.

my record has been 9Wh/km with 23kph average on FOC, but when I ride normal (30kph+, hard carving), I need more like 13Wh/km. :slight_smile:

about this: the phase currents can be much higher than the battery currents, so its very possible to have 60A battery current @ 80A motor current. I limited my vesc to 70A motor, 50A battery because I lost a few vescs now to various reasons I guess. waiting for the new version for higher currents!

1 Like

Thanks man, really appreciate your feedback, very helpful information, exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for!

Love the super swiss 6 as well, they are truly amazing! Which is the reason why I donā€™t really like to take them out of my daily city cruiser (this one I push). Together with soft bones bushings itā€™s much fun to surf through all those city people :grinning:

Carving hard!! That might be the reason why I get less and less km out of a charge. As well going full throttle most of the time, at least where road conditions, pedestrians and cyclists permit.

Found some sandy patch on the way yesterday sliding with all four wheels sideways, found some wet spot with some leaves where I had the back wheels breaking out badly and today while watching a cyclist coming my way I missed to see a big fault in the way and almost got stuck in wobbles. Luckily was able to keep control. Happy that I went with a rough griptape (Jessup coarse) though.

Iā€™ve been playing with the tightness of the belt the last two days, best results especially in regards to speed I get when I still have tooth skipping while breaking hard, indeed. Looks like I found something in between for now, itā€™s not too tight but not too loose (still got a decent break), will keep it like that for now, kind of like the break :wink:

Run today was 23km, Voltage after the run 31,6 Volts which I would basically rate as empty. Lots of people today though so had lots of slowdowns on the way.

Getting the feeling that this esk8buildery is going to be a never ending story :slight_smile:

Wenā€™t for a morning spin last Sunday, took the board out Sunday afternoon again. Half way into my usual run, suddenly everything dropped out on me, realized early enough that I donā€™t have breaks anymore, foot braked and came to a stand shortly before a tight 90 degrees turn. Everything seemed to work fine at the first inspection, just as soon as I stepped on the board it didnā€™t go anymore or only in short bursts. Wondering what happened but couldnā€™t really figure it out. Took the Tramway home and ordered a new Motor (APS 6355 HEV 190kv) in the evening, which arrived last Friday. Put the motor in just to figure out that the problem is still there. VESC didnā€™t seem to have a problem either, motor detection still worked and I never saw a error in the terminal. After a while of fiddling around, actually figured the receiver had a problem. Looks like the antenna broke or something, so as soon as the controller is further away than a meter, I have no connection or it is not reliable. Luckily I had another controller & receiver floating around, so still could take the new motor for a spin this weekend :slight_smile:

Besides, it was all a good reason to look at some parts a bit more closely again and do some cleaning / service work.

Aluminium motor pulley after approx. 280km

ABS printed wheel pulley after approx. 280km

APS 6355 HEV 190kv, will keep the ā€œoldā€ one as a spare :wink:

2 Likes

some sk8e snippets from one of my sunday runs :slight_smile: keep up the good vibes!

5 Likes

How are you liking your Alien motor?

Nothing to complain about it, quite like em, performs well, sounds good and is not getting too hot (always able to keep my hand on the motor when I touch it, it gets quite warm but not like something I would burn myself on). I donā€™t have many hills here though. I definitely get less debris into the ā€œclosedā€ version of the motor. Running 10S, so would be cool to have it in 200Kv though. Meanwhile did more than 1000kā€™s on it without issues.

Some other remarks:

• changed my gearing to 16:36 to get a bit more speed
  • the new gearing gives me a km or two less range, more like 22km instead of 24km and a bit less torque
  • but getting up to 40 km/h now, still feel it could be more, tempted to get bigger wheels
  • love the new venom bushings, the standard bushings are rubbish indeed (riding 90A with a cup washer board side and 87A with a flat washer street side, also got some Riot pivot cups in 95A, I weight around 65kg)
  • still would rate overall efficiency with around 80%
  • would think about a 4P battery next time for extended range
  • also about 12S or higher KV motor, just because of speed :slight_smile:
  • 10S system I have is super reliable though

Just as a comparison of the KVā€™s i have a 6364 245kv, Kegal 80mm, 10S4P ā€¦on 15T,36T i was able to get 50km/h speed ā€¦now on 14T,36T iā€™m at 45km/h ā€¦range about 40km.

I have a spare SK3 6374 192KV motor, i would probably try 16T.36T with this motor

Thanks man, you are right, I should maybe just get a highter KV motor. Did you every fry a vesc with this setup? Just wondering since ERPM will be quite high with a 245kv on 10S.

I just dont go full throttle with full 42V battery (doesā€™nt stay at 42V long anyhow ), ā€¦once at around 40V and below iā€™m fine,ā€¦ never had a problem.

You can allways go with a 17T motor gear if you want more speed?

1 Like

I see your point :slight_smile: will see what I gonna do :wink: