Look like a new Evolve is on the way

Just heard back from my Evolve contact. Jay Boston fucked up. Lol.

17 Likes

Good, Now you can sleep better, knowing that your not the one that fucked upā€¦ :rofl:

I donā€™t think he fucked up. I bet he did it on purpose

1 Like

2 years later and they still cant make a battery better than the one I made in my garage. :rofl:

I absolutely love the Carbon GT physical design, always had. Hate their remote. Battery is slightly improved, time will tell. At least they are pricing it at the same rip off price as the originalā€¦not really blaming them since profit needs to be made. Compare this with CarvOff and you will understand where Iā€™m coming from.

Non DIY people will buy this for sure. Who would want a Boosted over a slightly better Evolve?

7 Likes

Thank god battery swaps and upgrades will easier for my non diy friends. I dread rewiring bmsā€™s

1 Like

Those cell holders wont handle 30q amps my friend.

1 Like

Ok, soJay Boston blew up the piƱata. So much excitment for smthng that was not exciting. what came out of it wasnā€™t impressive at all. Relax guys, its all in Evolveā€™s interest, not your interest. Swappable batteries? Inboard got them for years. NESE type modules? Even @Winfly beat Evolve with that idea. Same trucks, same motors, same carbon deck, same wheels, same remote, same hex grip, same pricing. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Damn

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

no gearbox is a bummer; I really thought this was the year for prosumer to adopt gearboxes.

5 Likes

*they ride the new white urethane 97s at the end of the video, my bad

(thereā€™s a black version, too that looks straight up Adidas, to me)

what is very interesting are Evolveā€™s ā€œnewā€ 6" wheels and tires: https://youtu.be/4OnEE2NovFo?t=1368

@okp can tell you about the first time Evolve dropped a 6" tire (the new ones look far superior).

2 Likes

I think the industry may skip directly to direct drives, mabye gears for trampas at some point

1 Like

Yeah. My point was more that I think they are wayyy behind in the scooter game. Iā€™m not sure their brand name carries enough weight to sell a brand new scooter when there are so many badass scooters already on the market.

1 Like

2in1 is Evolveā€™s specialty. Therefore I expected that there would be no direct drive. Belt drive is a solid choice. Due to battery specifications, the power will probably be similar to the GT series. GTR is a GT with improved range.

3 Likes

Alot of those bad ass scooters do 50mph+ top speed with 60+ mile range and hydrolic disc brakes with suspension.

I bet the boosted scooter will be the price of a 40mph scooter but with the performance of a xiomi m365

3 Likes

Theyā€™re not 30Q, theyā€™re 35E :smirk:

https://www.trampaboards.com/spur-gear-drive-electric-mountainboard-with-straight-cut-or-helical-gears--awesome-performance-p-26279.html

2 Likes

35E can be a better cell than the 30q but only in a big battery like a 10s10p you would have the amps we we need for esk8 but more range than 30q.

But in a 4p its a bit lacking.

2 Likes