Look like a new Evolve is on the way

No, it’s worse all around. Even at 5 amps it sags abysmally below 30Q

and at a reasonable 10 amps it’s even worse

6 Likes

The problem with that is, once you get to 10P depths, then the Panasonic PF cell is better than the Samsung 35E cell because it’s less than half the price. Unless price isn’t considered, then 35E is better

2 Likes

In GT series Lipo battery, it became eco mode with 35V. 35E is effective at 3.5V or less. I am interested in the set voltage of forced eco mode.

2 Likes

@topcloud

okp can tell you about the first time Evolve dropped a 6" tire (the new ones look far superior).

He can also tell about that 5.3" inch (135 x 50) unicorn tire.

6 Likes

It was approximately 32A discharge in GT mode in GT series. This is a discharge at the time of full acceleration. Once it reaches a certain speed, there is no need for a large discharge. If the discharge is about 2-3A per cell, I think that 35E is not bad. How about going uphill? The initial lot of Evolve is a bit scary.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I spoke extensively to the company that holds the mold for that tyre. They finally agreed to a production run of a reasonable number and I even paid up.

Then after about 2 weeks they mailed me and said the mold was lost and all hope along with it.

Sucks balls mayne.

6 Likes

I think it is wise to reduce the diameter. The required power is reduced, which contributes to the improvement of the range.

2 Likes

In turn you gain rolling resistance, wheel wobble (because on as smaller wheel the valve stem imbalance is more pronounced) and 25% faster surface wear. On paper it’s a terrible idea but when you think what it means for a DD application, more torque with pneumatic goodness was worth the downsides.

3 Likes

22%20PM

2 Likes
1 Like

CUSTOMIZE YOUR POWER BRAH.

What mong are they marketing to? (Trick question, 80% of EV users)

1 Like

They rated the Saggy McSagmaster 10Ah prismatic pack at 31 miles (50km).
31 miles

They’re gonna rate this one at like 43 miles (70km) probably. Like jackasses.

“downhill, with the wind on your tail, max rider weight 25kg (55 lb)”

6 Likes

Haha what a joke! Is this " a new era" using tech that is 3 years old :+1:

1 Like

I mean, it’s definitely possible this is a huge improvement. Don’t knock them too hard. Yet. Just wait until they try to tell us how far you can go on this 40 cell 35E battery.

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter what cell you put in there. The battery won’t magically push 15amps if the load doesn’t ask for it. Soo, if the 35e is only rated to 8 or 9amps the 30q’s will run very cool and provide way less sag than the 35e because the motor controller is already set to the maximums of the 35e.

4 Likes

If the speed is about 20 km / h, GTR can travel many distances, as this is less susceptible to air resistance.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

30 miles is the official number. From my testing in SF it can do our entire group ride route then riding back to my place without charging and all in GTR mode maintaining full power riding briskly. It’s about a 20 loop with huge hills and at the end you literally go up a mountain. I’d say the power system and battery is well done this time…

Anyways I expound on all of this in my review and have a uncut twin peaks run as well on video. Publishing either tonight or tomorrow.

13 Likes

How much do you weigh?

About as much as one of your legs tazman

9 Likes

For some strange reason one of my legs weighs as much as I do. I stood on my scale on one foot and it still registered the same weight :thinking:

18 Likes