Loaded Vanguard, Caliber II 44, Custom 10S4P, 3D printed Enclosure, ABEC 11 97mm 75A

I’m running watt Mode no reverse with brake on @ackmaniac firmware. Give it a try it’s a blast

Cause i was watching the video and listening to your motor go silent as in - you are coasting, and then you power back on. I’m on Duty mode with no reverse with brake on and i have to keep on the trigger to keep moving. I’m going to try that mode tonight. do you push the trigger forward to brake.

I didn’t update the BLDC tool so i don’t have the Watt mode but it does have the Current mode which does give me the option to coast and you are so right, having the ability to coast was fun, I have to do a range test but i can fathom my range doubling.

What you mean here? You mean you need to keep on pulling the trigger to keep the speed? This is normally how it is supposed to work

Why you couldn’t update the BLDC tool? Is pretty straight forward just download it from the Ackmaniac thread

Correct, Current mode with no reverse and brakes on is the config I’m going to be using from now on.

Watt mode is much better, if you release the throttle and pull it back again you won’t need to go all the way up on the trigger, trigger will adjust accordingly

First off: this build turned out awesome.

A few questions:

1. what is the layout of everything inside the battery enclosure?
  2. did you print a buck and then vacuum form or did you just use a really strong print?
  3. is this waterproof and/or water resistant in any way?
  4. what sort of range do you get on this board
  5. have you tried FOC mode yet? Will you?

I think that is all the questions I have for now. I am trying to do a very similar build so I’ve been studying this thread. (although only 10s2p)

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

1. Here is my battery wiring layout:

1. I printed the enclosure but it wasn’t strong enough, so I use the 3D print to make mold and made copies on high flex hard fiberglass

2. No waterproof, in Lima, where I live, it hardly rains. And if it does I’ll be mad to go skating because of aquaplanning

3. I’m getting 40kms (25 miles on one single charge), my cutoff start is 30V and cutoff end 28V, I might get more if I go down to 27V and 25V, but I don’t currentlt need it. The 95% of my rides use 25% of battery so I usually charge it at 75%, if I go somewhere very far I get home with 20% of battery left.

4. Yes I did, it’s silky smooth, really an amazing feeling but as I’m runing Torqueboards VESC without upgraded capacitors, it cutted of at maximum torque, I felt very unsafe so I went back to BLDC and I’m confident all over again, the additional torque, speed and reliability of BLDC has no match, besides que sound of dual VESC sounds like an airplane turbine.

7 Likes

Small facelift to my board

5 Likes

What BMS is that? Those cheap chinese ones?

Yes, the cheapest one on ebay, I’m using the BMS only for charging.

I checked my cells for the first time after 3 months of daily hard abuse and long trips, here is the voltage of each pack:

1. 4.10v
  2. 4.10v
  3. 4.10v
  4. 4.11v
  5. 4.10v
  6. 4.10v
  7. 4.10v
  8. 4.10v
  9. 4.11v
  10. 4.10v

Wether this BMS is working great, at least on charging, or I haven’t had the need to balancethe cells so far.

Battery capacity tester was off by 0.3v

Great! I think i’ll give a try too. Size of those bms is very tempting.

1 Like

I have 8S battery and I ordered this yesterday. Size 39x60mm. Plan was to use it only for charging.

This is for 10S, cheaper also. Size 53x63

I have the second one. I wonder if I my cells would be balanced if I shouldn’t have used this balancer, I’m building another boards with 10S4P with no BMS and will keep a close look on them to detect drifting

Great job on mounting the volt meter, how did you do that?

I manually worked on fiberglass giving the shape of the policarbonate shield. I’ll do my next enclosures with that shape to fit it flushed.

1 Like

Do you have the file for this anymore and would you mind posting it?

Hello the enclosure of my Vanguard is hand made, I don’t have an Stl file for it.

If you are interested in an enclosure set I could ship one to you

Hi eboosted how much would it cost to get a set of enclosures (vesc + battery) to the Netherlands?

Also what are the measurements for the battery enclosure? Thanks

The sizes on the battery enclosure are stated on this thread.

They will fit a 10s4p, bms, antispark switch, battery capacity tester and charger.

I can ship to Netherlands, send me a PM and I’ll send you a quote