Loaded Vanguard, Caliber II 44, Custom 10S4P, 3D printed Enclosure, ABEC 11 97mm 75A

Thanks man!, it’s really nice to get a compliment from an amazing builder as you.

Flex 2 would be amazing, the board felt short but it’s easy to carry around

1 Like

So I changed the motor mounts design, used the @torqueboards adjustable motors mounts and made simple clamps with two M8 studs on each clamp.

Then I sent the CRonin trucks to the lathe to made a round section to fit the clamps and perforated two holes for the studs to avoid the clamps from spinning.

Once everything was done and tested I paint them with gloss urethane paint.

7 Likes

That is beautiful. Completely addresses the issues I always have with the 1 piece clamps, wobble & slide. Did you make them or have them made or what?

Thanks man!

I made them on a local lather, they were pretty cheap, soething around US$ 20 each

I’m not 100% sold about the gloss black paint, might spray some matte varnish on top of it later

6 Likes

Well done, Great board! Love thoose enclosures! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Send me your STL, I wanna see if I can get my tooling department to do something like this.

Ive been there, on my last set of trucks actually. I hated the gloss black I used, takes forever to set and really shows imperfections unless you multi-coat and sand. I really liked the flat black, but it shows every speck of dirt and doesn’t stand up well. I settled on satin black or plasti-dip. Both are kinda flat but clean up well and stand up well.

I don’t have the STL files, they were done artisanally using this lathe:

You just need to ask the lather to machine your truck and make a circled clamp out of aluminum.

At last I finished the build, getting ready to test it on the street

10 Likes

Looks absolutely awesome dude. Good job.

1 Like

Boosted board has got nothing on your build!! So sick :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

wow, thats really beautiful, love the black glossy finish! also really great job on the cronins! :heart_eyes: will be interesting to see if removing so much material will affect the stability of the truck in any way!

1 Like

So far it’s running pretty good, the CRonins are runing great as always and I’ve hit some pretty tough potholes with no issues, at least until now.

The board is runing amazing! I’m not sure if I went too far but this thing is a BEAST with these settings:

Motor max: 90A Battery max: 40A Motor min: - 60 Battery min: - 12.5A Absolute max 130A

I think I dialed my perfect pulley set, motor 15T, hub 36T. Top speed is 45km/hr (28MPH). Mid range is insane.

3 Likes

Here is a small video from tonight at full speed!

4 Likes

Hi, have you shared the .stl of your battery enclosure ? i’m very interested for my next build :slight_smile:

I have new battery enclosures for sale at USD 60 plus shipping, PM me if you are interested.

2 Likes

what mode are you running your vesc, Duty or Current?

I’m running watt Mode no reverse with brake on @ackmaniac firmware. Give it a try it’s a blast

Cause i was watching the video and listening to your motor go silent as in - you are coasting, and then you power back on. I’m on Duty mode with no reverse with brake on and i have to keep on the trigger to keep moving. I’m going to try that mode tonight. do you push the trigger forward to brake.

I didn’t update the BLDC tool so i don’t have the Watt mode but it does have the Current mode which does give me the option to coast and you are so right, having the ability to coast was fun, I have to do a range test but i can fathom my range doubling.

What you mean here? You mean you need to keep on pulling the trigger to keep the speed? This is normally how it is supposed to work

Why you couldn’t update the BLDC tool? Is pretty straight forward just download it from the Ackmaniac thread