Loaded Vanguard, Caliber II 44, Custom 10S4P, 3D printed Enclosure, ABEC 11 97mm 75A

Hello I printed the ones one thingiverse but the high was not correct, it was too short, I couldn’t fit a 10s4p so I used the printed model as mold in order to create a new enclosure with the correct size in fiberglass, those are the ones I’ve been selling for a while.

2 Likes

Hi … great work … amazing…can you give me STL files?

could you tell me how long your threaded inserts are for the vanguard?

I’m still not sure how thick the vanguard is and I’d prefer the insert not showing on the other side if possible

Its 1cm thick. I used 8mm screws on mine.

2 Likes

I weigh 145 pounds and I like to ride between 20mph-25mph and I’m not sure if I should get a flex 3 or flex 4 loaded vanguard for my next deck…someone have any recommendations?

Get the flex 3.

1 Like

just curious, but why would the flex 3 be better than the flex 4?

Flex 3 is made for rider 150-200 lbs. And Flex 4 is for 120-170 lbs

How has that battery held up ?

I’m still riding it after more than a year, sabe cells but different cell array.

The bent nickel strips ended up cracking due vibrations, since then I soldered dual 16awg wires replace the bent/broken strips, not am issue ever since.

the strips on the 4 cell blocks? Are you still connecting them with 6mm connectors?

No, the bullet connectors are not worth it, here is why:

1 Like

Hey, sorry for reopening this post, how is the 3D printed enclosure holding up? What material is it made of?

Greetz Frederic

…but Flex 3 is the short one, no? If you get the Flex 2 you’ll get the longer deck.

Flex 1 (42"/107cm): 175-230+lbs / 80-105+kg Flex 2 (42"/107cm): 150-210+lbs / 68-95+kg Flex 3 (38"/98cm): 150-200+lbs / 68-90+kg Flex 4 (38"/98cm): 120-170+lbs / 55-77+kg Flex 5 (38"/98cm): 80-140+lbs / 35-65+kg

https://loadedboards.com/vanguard-longboard-skateboard

…besides, regular size guys like me (73 kg), fit the bill for either Flex 2, 3 or 4. :thinking: So basically it all goes by personal preference.

This is awesome. What strips did you use within each parallel set of 4 cells? Those things are pushing like 30A peak each set of 4 arent they?

Hello, I used 8 x 0.15mm pure nickel strips. But I made several mistakes on that pack, no fish paper between P groups, only one sheet of nickel strips instead of 2 or 3, bullet connectors instead of xt60s, no fish paper over the BMS, etc.

1 Like

hello alan, I wonder, what is the price if I want a vanguard with a 10s4p battery + bms ( can you ship to Indonesia)?

1 Like

Email replied with quote :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sucks when you live in Indonesia, because everything becomes expensive after shipping and taxes. the price becomes $ 1000 ++ (1300 ++ if I choose dhl) after shipping and taxes just for enclosure battery and bms. Lol