Landwheel L3-X Reviews

Would having unbalanced cells have any effect on the charger? When I push down really hard the light turns red and as soon as I let go it goes green. I dont know if it cannot charge fully due to the connectors in the battery.

4400mAh? Could these be used instead of the 3200mAh currently? That would be great.

Iā€™ve asked Jason for the 3D files before. @revel_flo woudl you like to try? If @Byronel designed a larger printable battery case, then lots of landwheel owners might be interested in the file.

It means the BMS has detected a bad cell and for safety reasons will not accept a charge from the charging brick. Green does not mean the battery is good. It means the charging cycle is over because the BMS is not drawing power from the brick.

I believe that the 25 volt V2 batteries wer 3200 MAH. The very first V3 & V4 36 volt batteries that came out were mis labeled as 3200MAH becasue the battery sticker from the old product was used. In fact all of the 36 volt batteries were 4200MAH.

Sure, let me see what I can do.

3 Likes

Just a word of warning, these land-wheels are dangerous. I was on a road, a very smooth road, going at around 22mph until the land-wheel snapped.

IMG_4400 IMG_4403

wow, that axle snapped clean off! Iā€™m surprised it did that with the smoother roads you ride on. Sadly this kind of breakage is not new as its happened to many brands of trucks. Raptor 2 just had ANOTHER one snap recently. I wonder if the torque weakens them over time with the twisting motion.

Before you throw the whole thing away, I believe @KaramQ is in need of a battery

4 Likes

So, thatā€™s a thing that can happen to any hub drive electric skateboard.

I see Mike had the same thing to say and beat me by 1 minute.

Iā€™ve too have seen people post about the same type of failure happening to raptors and carvons. Iā€™ve only seen one other complaint about a landwheel motor sheering off from the trucks. There may be more than I know of. But the one I saw previoulsy was a V3 and it looked really beat-up.

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve always been terrified of loosing a wheel at speed so iā€™ve engineered my set-up so that I never need to worry about it. 8 wheels!!!

This adds som weight but it also adds tremendous safety. The double trucks float cleanly over large cracks in the pavement. With single trucks, getting caught in those cracks puts eormous stress on the axles and also present the risk of throwing the rider off the front if the wheels get completely locked in to a crack. I use to hate the whalopping sound of a set of wheels dipping deep into a crack in the road. Its a frightening sound. Roads in Ottawa Canada are just horrible. So this set-up fixed it all for me.

And like Mike said, check who wants spare parts before you toss your landwheel. Mabey someone wants an ESC, remote, your other hub motore, etc. I know @Vishnu was looking for motors.

Iā€™m in San Diego, what about you, I donā€™t mind paying shipping, also need a charger for it

I need that battery!! If your in the US, Iā€™ll take it off your hands, the pu sleeves and battery and charger, how much $ would you be looking for

I am in London unfortunately so shipping and customs are usually high.

Dang it, could you try getting a quote, Iā€™d pay a decent amount still for shipping

Postage to 92127

1 Like

Itā€™s getting stuff out of the US which is costly, I would say it would be around 40usd to ship

1 Like

@Byronel. Just wanted to add that were all glad your are ok.

230 lbs, very tough roads, huge cracks that canā€™t be avoided. Been riding on these revel hubs since 2017

Back to the topic of repacing the Landwheel battery with a different batteryā€¦I happened across an informative video form Mboards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pouyqky2pF8

Mboards sells battereis:

This is the biggest one:

but its 44 nominal volts which could be a 52 volts or higher of peak voltage. So thatā€™s probably too much for a landwheel ESC.

Here is the 36 volt version:

It might be worth using the sellerā€™s contact link to find out what the peak charge voltage is. 42.5 is ideal. 40 volts is too low.

Thier batteries include a BMS inside the battery enclosure plus a charging brick.

Mboards is sketch

2 Likes

I would not buy anything from mboard. Reputation is that he gets your money then orders from China and you may not get it, you can do the same and save more

Read here to see his history https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/is-mboards-legit/47112

1 Like