Landwheel L3-X Reviews

Thanks. I did not know. Who would you recommend for batteries?

If you are going to get pre-built batteries, but not custom packs, I would suggest asking @Jlabs /BuildKitBoards though heā€™s out of stock at the moment. or just go with @torqueboards / https:///collections/electric-skateboard-battery-pack These are still mostly Chinese made packs but you are dealing with someone who know the specs and product they sell and will have after sale support. They donā€™t sell you anything that is not in stock (unless itā€™s listed as a presale or group buy)

1 Like

thanks Mike

2x 2Milwaukee 18v in series lol trust they work so freaking well man. They last forever

So I checked out my the L3-x that I had set-up as a travel board. I thought it stopped working as a result of lower voltage from the drill batteries after several charge cycles. It turns out my ESC wonā€™t start up even wiht a fresh L3-x battery. My conclusion is that I likely damaged the ESC by using the drill battteries. The most likely cause would be that the regenerative braking current had no where to go either becasue the batteries were full or because a circuit breaker internal to the drill batteries cut off the current to protect the batteries.

The V2 Landwheel does not have the same problem yet. Iā€™m not sure if a VESC might have similar problems with full or overload protected batteries.

Anyway, my conclusion from the drill battery experiment is that the most likely outcome is not a durable electric skateboard.

Not sure what drill batteries you are using but my Milwaukee system has 40 miles on it no problems.

What do you mean lower voltage. Two 18v is 36v which is what a revel landwheel runs on already and actually the Milwaukees show 20v so in series you should get almost 40v

Get some TB110 been riding on them for like 2 days and its incredible how well they soak up shit roads

2 Likes

@yelnats8j send me A link

Iā€™m probably gonna pick up a set of TB110 after I finish up the hummie six shooter build. The pack is gonna be a bit thicker so I need that ā€œstreet wheelā€ clearance if I decide to not use the pneumatics. Do they feel heavy like the Abec 107s?

Hey guys, I can still help out if you can send over the CAD files for the battery. Jason at landwheel offered a replacement part for me, which was kind of him. Might get it and be back in the landwheel after my shoulder heals (8 weeks). In the meantime, if you can get the 3D file over I can try help out with a redesign that can hold normal batteries and a BMS to be used at a 3D printing place.

Cheers.

Hey dude, I might keep the parts for now as I might get a replacement sent out. I will try work with you all to try redesign a battery case to house normal batteries.

2 Likes

https:///products/110mm-really-big-wheels-tb110

Here you go

1 Like

They weight 5 pounds 1.2 ounces, They dont really feel that heavy to me but I guess it all adds up.

I dont own 107 so I couldnt judge on that.

1 Like

Yes, the two Rigid batteries in series output 41.1 volts. But the L3-x was hard to start-up on the rigid batteries and was easy to start-up on the L3-x battery. So when the L3-x eventually completely failed to start-up in the dominican republic resort, I assumed the peak voltage was dropping. That was a guess becasue I did not have a volt meter with me. Now that Iā€™m back home, the L3-x will not start up at all on the original L3-x battery. The same battery easily starts up a different L3-x drive. Also, the volt meter still shows 41.1 volts from the pair of fully charged Rigid batteries.

So I believe The ESC is damaged. It could be something else. There might be a problem with the power button or power button cable. It could also be a delayed reaction to the polarity reversal that occured when I built the battery from 9 volt batteries.

The L3-x battery has the red and black wired reversed where they connect to the battery terminals. So I did have the 9 volt travel battery connected wiht reverse polarity for a minute. I rode for about 40 - 50 kilometers in the dominican republic before the L3-x would not start-up any more.

I suppose the longer yours works on power tool batteries, the less likely it is that the batteries dammaged my L3-x ESC.

Full battery braking has been known to damage the L3-x ESC. It happens when riders use V4 batteries. V4 batteries come off the charger fully charged. L3-x batteries come off the charger under charged.

Keep me posted on how long your L3-x continues to work on power tool batteries. Iā€™m curious. Next week, Iā€™ll try swapping parts around to see if its the entire ESC that is damaged or maybey just the power button or cable.

1 Like

I routed your request for the 3D files to @revel_flo. He is the one who has the most contact with Jason. Its likely @revel_flo who got Jason to offer the replacement trucks.

If nothing happens in a few weeks, My library does have a 3D scanner. I could try it out.

2 Likes

@pkasanda I will gladly keep you informed as my next build will include Milwaukeeā€™s also. And an electric Sandrail will be running off them soon. Of course I have a guy doing batteries for me but itā€™s a ways out still

Whats a Sandrail? Do you mean sander?

Thanks you @revel_flo :slight_smile:

Yeah the 3D scanner could work too.

@pkasanda not sure what other countries or states or cities call them but here in the HD its sand rail or dune buggy IMG_20190218_142754537