LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Yes. my board came with all terrain . It feels amazing and you get more torque .Lower to the ground . And you must know how great ABEC 107 are and feel . The only negative thing is that since it is lower , you will have to stop when you see speed bumps on the street . And also turn are better on AT

Ahh. I figured. Yes. I love the feel of 107s. Ima have to try them in a near future

Thanks for your response brother

1 Like

thanks man. Iā€™d extend the congrats to @JohnnyMeduse for the continued help in meticulous assembly and also @Blasto in the conception.

2 Likes

That does look really clean and well done. Pretty much what Iā€™d expect from these guys.

I only see one thing that concerns me, and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s not what I think, but that canbus cable looks like itā€™s getting a little pinched/squished. Might want to reroute that down around the side of the FOCBOX. 20180825_212024

2 Likes

Already done :wink:. This board was build in what we call the first batch since then there already have been some major improvement on the cable disposition.

5 Likes

As Johnny said, itā€™s been rerouted in later builds but for this specific board, it might be a good idea to reroute that cable to the other side of the focbox, near the motor wires. Send me a PM @Adam0311 if you need more info.

2 Likes

I got to ride one of these boards around a parking lot todayā€¦ My God, itā€™s a thing of pure beauty!

I have a thoughtā€¦ To me the board length felt pretty good, but what did get me was the lack of concave. Feeling around with my feet, is it just me or does the center of the deck have slightly more concave than the foot placement spots? I can tell it does have concave for sure, just probably not what I am used toā€¦ And maybe this is good for the type of ride this board is made for, but I feel like even if the foot placement spots had a tad bit more concave like the center of the deck it would handle a bit better. Maybe it does handle great and itā€™s just more of a surfy feel Iā€™d have to get used toā€¦

@Arch, what are your thoughts? Have you guys experimented with adding a bit more concave? Iā€™m sure it would mess with the whole design, enclosure fitting, flex, etc.

Anyways, besides that I thought it was amazingā€¦ Low, smooth, powerfulā€¦ Just all around lovelyā€¦ My board feels so boring in comparison.

2 Likes

I second that. And a subtle W shape would be awesome for locking to it when craving.

2 Likes

Never really been a fan of W myselfā€¦ most W Iā€™ve experienced is that hyper aggressive W though. But, subtle W I could totally be into especially on such a wide deck like this.

1 Like

Problem with W shape is it remove lots of flex, which made it ideal for stiffen and lighten downhill deck.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who thinks this way.

My other two decks are a Loaded Tesseract and a Jet Spud, both if which I have never ever had to look down to know where my feet are, something which I miss on the LaCroix.

Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s something I can add to the deck to give me this subtle concave where my toes areā€¦

If you rode it at Wheat Ridge Park the board was still in eco mode I had 88% battery life left after the aw some ride.

Hereā€™s a funny thought

1 Like

Did a group ride in Long Beach yesterday on my LaCroix, just about 21 miles and had 29% (34v) remaining on the battery. I wasnā€™t riding conservatively at all, but I did carve less than normal. About 200 meters was through some loose dirt, which was kinda fun.

if you need a landmark or a bit of raised edge to find your spot, can try gluing/doubleside-taping shaped foam to the deck. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007VBUL0

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/72655/venom-torque-block

Can be quite effective.

4 Likes

Now that I upgraded my gears and mounts to HP fusion Nylon PA12 instead of Homebrew PLA2.0 gears I feel much more confident in picking up speed in the LaCroixā€¦

IMG20180827135312

5 Likes

What is your clearance on this? Glad to see another Lacroix on thane!

2 Likes

I just got some m3 cone fender washers and socket head bolts.

They feel much better than the phillips screws, and look a treat!

20180827_175143

20180827_174854

6 Likes

Why did you change the motor I thought you was using the sk3

1 Like

One of the sensors went bad on the sk3s, and I put the good one on another single drive build. And these are 200kv for a little more top end running 10s

1 Like

Oh ok nice. I was able to find some of those adjustable base plate They coming in tomorrow :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes