LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Can it run gummies? Only saw one other person mention it and unclear if it required risers or what. Seems you could get more range out of non AT tires too. Will totally buy one of these if I can conventional 107s or 125 gummies on it!

@FredSaberhagen You can but you need massive risers. Any wheel below 6.5Ā“Ā“ will leave you with very little clearance. Remember the deck is wide and flexible and the trucks lean quite a bit. Search through @Sender Ā“s posts in Ā« Pictures only no words Ā» to see an example albeit without a battery case attached

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6053

That board was designed for AT tires.

These weak leds are useless at night. You need something way more powerful.

With the enclosure attached, 107mm wheels, Surf Rodz adjustable RKP baseplates and 1/2" risersā€¦ I have just under 90mm clearance.

Very close to stock setup clearance IIRC.

I am finishing up the battery this week and should have it up and running. Probably call it ā€œCity Slickerā€ I will do a build thread soon I hope!

20180624_152817

20180624_15262320180624_15283520180624_15261220180624_152821

The motor mounts will be out the back for final assembly for better clearance

12 Likes

It looks really awesome! I was just about to say, the motors on the inside would look really nice, itā€™s a shame for the clearance.

1 Like

Damn that looks great! Didnā€™t realize these would ride so high with PU wheels.

1 Like

I gain a good bit of clearance because the adjustable base plase are fairly tall.

Let me tell you, this board with this setup, gives me the chills.

We are doing a second one with Surf Rodz TKPs (adjustable base plates). I think I can fit @psychotiller sixshooters in this config. But my buddy pushed around and road some hills with some 107s, and he wants that instead.

Hell, I donā€™t blame him. It carves and rides like a dream. Seriously just insane. I canā€™t wait to share the build process with everybody soon.

@mmaner pushed it around analog style, and I think he would agree that this setup will be next level!!!

Also, as an aside, It gets me so psyched that you guys are leaving careers to focus on this BADASSERY! So fucking cool. I am very happy for you! @pat_arch @Arch. Literally gives me more chills! LOL #sojelly

2 Likes

Looking forward to the build thread. I love my DSS60, but Iā€™m really kicking myself for not jumping on the discounted deck and enclosure. Are you going 10s or 12s for the battery?

1 Like

its awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

This post. This is why we do this.

I am going 10s6p. I was debating and could fit 12s5p or 12s6p for that matter. BUT, I feel like 30-33 mph fits this build just right. And 10s6p made the battery build super easy. I also had 4 10s BMSs that I didnā€™t know what to do with.

20180709_15540020180709_15541220180709_131743

3 Likes

Your trust and purchase helped make it happen. Thanks for that. I really feel like I just came out of jail! LOL

3 Likes

My brother in law is a Contract Lawyer, and it makes me so happy you are able to leave that lifestyle to pursue this. So cool man. MAD PROPS!

1 Like

Just ORDERED, with Sanyo batteries.

There were a few concerns I had after trying to contact like everyone who owns the board (there arenā€™t many in the wild).

1. bushings popping out, this could be a safety issue. Iā€™m still not sure what the verdict on this is, but Iā€™ll trust them when they say theyā€™ve never had it happen and these 2 were instances were just anomalies

2. One person who has the board has some issues with heating or something, itā€™s in the NYC shop with Kaly. DIY builds always concern me because I often feel like they are in the shop more than you are riding them. I am hoping this was just because the rider who uses it is an extremely aggressive rider and did things beyond what he was supposed to be doing. Still no conclusion on this though. @Arch if you know anything about this, fill me in

Now the wait begins, Iā€™ll post a video review on youtube and stories on instagram (photorph85) once I get it.

1 Like

The situation with the board in NYC is simple. The board had a FOCBOX behaving weirdly (it happens sometimes. One in about 100 Iā€™d say. And when they fail, they fail fast, i.e. in the first few weeks). So we sent a new one and it was replaced. However, with the new FOCBOXes, the board (against our recommendations) was ridden with only a few screws supporting the enclosure. (To be clear, all screws should always be there. If one is loose, take it off, put Permatex blue gel on it and screw it back on. Never ride with anything less than 100% of the screws on at all time. No exceptions). And Max had back luck to boot. While riding the board with the enclosure only hanging with a handful of screws, he rode in a patch of diesel (or other solvent, we canā€™t be sure). So the board was in quarantine for a little while. However, if you follow Maxā€™s stories on IG, you can see him riding his DSS50+ so everything worked out in the end :wink:

5 Likes

Just ordered as well with 10s6p 30q. Had a hard time choosing between the 2 options because they were both really good!

Gonna go for in person pickup in Montreal, actually planning a vacation to Quebec with my wife where I will pick it up and go riding the Lacroix while she rides her bike across different parts of Quebec.

It will be almost like a Mercedes-AMG European delivery :joy:

6 Likes

We pretty much ordered on the same day. Itā€™s crazy that an esk8 is approaching 3000 USD, that can be a motorcycle. Definitely the most expensive purchase Iā€™ve ever done.

Letā€™s hope ours are ready soon. If the boards they deliver work great, I think this company will take off big time. I wonder how they will scale up their production with so many boards being ordered.

1 Like

I hope this will be a game changer for e-boards. This will keep the company in business with more tech and improvements.

1. best distance
  2. lots of power even up hills
  3. comfort with a safe feeling when riding
  4. breaking will not sling shot you to the next block
  5. speed oh yeah !
  6. carves like a snowboard
2 Likes