LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

I don’t want to mention any names, but yes some of the DIY builders who sell completes here have really not just met their promises…and I’m talking a 4 week promise goes to 1 year and beyond.

I wouldn’t worry, I bought the second board they ever produced and it was only 2 weeks late from what they initially promised and it includes the delays from their initial parts order shipment.

good to hear, although you were #2… I assume there are 100s of boards ahead of me, which is why I was wondering about the ship time.

1 Like

What I meant, and this is only an assumption, is that I believe they got assembly figured out to the point where they can accurately predict ETA, given that even the firsts boards they sold were pretty spot on. Beyond that I don’t think anybody can guarantee unforseen events, but I hope you get yours soon, it’s a joyride! :slight_smile:

If we’re off, it’ll be by a couple of days. Not months.

2 Likes

No magic. Streamlining operations and teamwork.

3 Likes

I ordered mine on 6/17/18 so hopefully I get a shipping confirmation soon. Although I did change my board to the longer running batteries :smiley:. My company has a 3D printer I can check out so modding would be awesome. Trying to make a wider and rounder front light That conforms to the boards body.

Looking to try out COB light but I heard they don’t last for more than a month because of heat issues or I could reduce the voltage from 12v to maybe 10v. https://www.amazon.com/Witson-Waterproof-Aluminum-Daylight-Driving/dp/B0194XT770/ref=br_lf_m_stjh7ugyveep8zg_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=car

is the 6 mile difference in range really worth the $400 or whatever difference it is? That’s the ONLY difference right?

that was the question I asked a few posts up about the difference between the dss60 and dss50+. The difference is basically the Samsung 30q on the dss60 and the Sanyo 20700s on the dss50+. Just read up a bit because there is more information and more knowledge than I can comprehend.

I read that

So…uh, assuming it’s not worth it to the get the sanyos?

Just got mine about 1.5 weeks ago. It was 6.5 weeks from the day I ordered to the day I rode it. Considering shipping time from Montreal to Los Angeles, that’s pretty damn good…and that was before @Arch quit his lawyer gig.

Essentially, the extra range is nice, but you’re really paying up for the longer life cycle. Treat the 18650 right and it will still last a couple years, at the pace battery technology is advancing…who knows there may be something even better once the 30q goes down.

thanks, I’m going back and forth on their website right now. With the sanyo and the shipping costs of nearly $200, it’s basically a 3000 USD board. Crazy.

So I’m reading through your comments about the board now on this thread.

So what happened with the bushing issue? It looks like you and @Pete had a similar issue.

Yep, it’s not cheap. Not sure what kind of riding you do, but if you like to carve or snowboard…you’ll be glad you spent the money. It’s without question the sweetest carving board I’ve ever ridden.

@Ovi has several posts on here about the board and I was slightly worried that he was biased because he’d already forked over the cash for the board, but I’ll tell you everything he says about the riding experience is accurate. If you like to carve this is the board for you, it’s that simple.

It’s also fast and comfortable, but there are plenty of fast boards and lots of reasonably comfortable boards…there are no boards (that I know of) that carve like this thing.

2 Likes

Not really sure. Looks like the adjustment screw may have been a half turn too lose and the bushing popped out under hard carving or turning tight circles. Or maybe I had a bad bushing…MBS says they’ve not heard one popping out before. I’m still riding it with one and have never felt unstable, so don’t really see it being the cause of a crash, but anything is possible I suppose.

U can ride it with only 1 bushing???

Have u tried taking out the other?

I have something like 30miles on it with one front bushing. Not tried taking out the other, but I suspect the stiffer rear bushings combined with the truck geometry allows for more stability than you would expect.

The only time I even notice the bushing missing is on harder right turns and then it just turns faster than the other side, but feels completely controlled.

My jet spud with everything working perfectly feels more sketchy to ride than the LaCroix with an MIA front bushing.

Nah you can’t compare the spud and the LaCroix. I have both as well. They are just different decks.

Still… Super surprising you can ride with one bushing missing…

Extra 6 miles is like a Boosted Board total range :smiley:

2 Likes