LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Cool to knowā€¦ but @BOOSTEDO couldnā€™t even fit a 2 piece mount on (mount split in two and just clamps together). I can understand the slide on one might be tricky but surely the clamp on one canā€™t be that far off that it wonā€™t fit.

Something is definitely not right about that. I noticed on some Lacroix boards our hangers are flipped around (logo facing in rather than out). @Arch is that they way you do them all? If so, then Iā€™m wondering itā€™s an issue of trying to fit a mount made for a flipped hanger onto a non-flipped hanger? @BOOSTEDO, try flipping your hanger around to see if thatā€™s the case.

PS. All our hangers are flippable. It doesnā€™t affect riding performance. We just do a lot of grinds on mountainboards these days and the way the hanger is normally mounted gives an increased aluminum thickness in the area that gets the most wear from grinds. I havenā€™t seen too many electrics hitting rails so probably not a worry for you guys (never know in the future though). Just FYI regarding one of the reasons that Matrix II profile shape is so weird.

1 Like

You know whatā€¦ I was looking at that but got sidetracked with the hollow axel thingyā€¦ I thought there must be a difference between the Pro and the non pro Matrix IIā€™s beside the axelā€¦ Iā€™ll wait until this weekend (after I ride Saturday with Lacroix + Enertion)ā€¦ I just wanna ride to be honestā€¦ after finally getting those evolve tires on Iā€™m doneā€¦ I didnā€™t ride my Lacroix for 2 weeks 'cause I was taking apart hubs and messing with tires, pulleys, etcā€¦

I was waiting for the pulleys but those didnā€™t come at the beginning of this monthā€¦ No biggie but itā€™s DIY I guessā€¦ @Arch Just let peeps know you are switching up something and no problemoā€¦ Now about those missing gummy bearsā€¦:wink::laughing::laughing:

P.S. I do have this recurring issue with the brakes. Sometimes the Lacroix will break harshly when you start to apply the brakes. Itā€™s almost enough to throw you off the boardā€¦ I usually stop and turn off the board and remote and re-pair the remote. This seems to do the trick but it happens out of nowhere and is unnervingā€¦ I actually thought I had lost my feel for the brakes but it was just this glitch almost bucking me off the board that had me buggingā€¦ I donā€™t know if anyone else has had this issue but itā€™s like the clunk at the end of the braking sequence thatā€™s related to Focbox. Instead you get that harshness or (clunk) at the very beginningā€¦

This makes sense as I couldnā€™t get the one piece light mounts to begin to slide onā€¦ I was perplexed and decided to put my Evolva Lights back on the front trucksā€¦ The two piece didnā€™t want to fit either but hey what DIK this is DIYā€¦

Hey @MBS can you make the axel a half inch longer?(1/4 inch per side) Reason why is there really isnā€™t much thread to secure the nut properly IMO on these trucksā€¦ The nut is literally hanging on by a few threads (especially the rear trucks)ā€¦ I could never figure why there is barely enough room given for this. It may be fine for regular mountain boarding but for esk8 there really isnā€™t much room. or maybe a nut thatā€™s not as thick would do the trick?

Sorry If Iā€™m bringing up something thatā€™s already been discussedā€¦

Peaceā€¦

1 Like

Hi, I put dozen and dozen of motor mount on Mx2 trucks and yes i can testify noticeable difference between version 1 and version 2 (2018 batch with red shockblock) I m my own mount manufacturer (www.overion.fr) and prototyped different mounts for others trucks and for different electric skateboard shops as LacroixšŸ¤— Difference between the 2 versions of Mx2 are: -Section bigger (few 1/10 mm ) explained here due to axle insertion ā€¦but why wasnt it same for version1? -hanger longer on version 2

• hanger not centred in the middle of the top truckšŸ˜± ā€”> no hypothesis aboutā€¦
  • little assymetric M8 hole position (hole it s not at same place on left and right hanger sideā€”> no hypothesis aboutā€¦

Conclusions: Mbs reseller would be happy to know exact modification before getting surprise of newbatchšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I m manufacturing assymetric mounts (one for left one for right hanger side) so I m following modification but it s boring ā€¦you can understand i hope so. My perception was simply a decreasing quality of manufacturing processšŸ¤— However MBS parts are really really good and stay the best on the market( as Mx2 riding feeling, rockstar hub etc etc ) I invite MBS to work to be better with stocks gestion , distribution and reseller communicationšŸ˜‰ Examples: Sold out parts as Dylan warren boards at this time , no trucks during 6 months (automn 2017 to spring2018) , no hub for months (spring to summer 2018) , no t3 tyres during 2 months (summer 2018) It should be some good indications to go to a new business strategy dont you think? Boards Ā« Sold out definitively Ā« show clearly a new batch of products to replace , as exemple, dw boards , but as reseller i am i will be happy to be online withā€‹:hugs::man_shrugging: Cheers Yann

3 Likes

Send me a pic if you donā€™t mind. If itā€™s our hubs and hardware on the truck then maybe something is wrongā€¦ should be just beyond flush. In the past Iā€™ve minimized exposed axle threads to avoid damage over time, but if theyā€™re actually shy of the nyloc thatā€™s not right. And if an overall improvement is possible Iā€™m open to it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Yann . Love your work and appreciate your support for MBS.

Thankfully a lot of your input already made it to us via Alex at Lacroix and weā€™re revising several processes as a result. You can expect a dramatic increase in consistency soon.

Request for improved communication noted. Definitely can do better!

Stock supply issues will be sorted soon. The growth in demand for components from the esk8 community caught us off guard, but weā€™re on it now. All supply issues should be sorted by the end of this year. 2019 will be STRONG.

9 Likes

Its right the shaft is too short.

There is supposed to have a minimum of 2 threads out of the nyloc to be safely locked. I always check the nuts before each ride and some time a quick visual during a longer ride while I wait at a stop light.

For now, it lock OK but after removing the nut a few times, I will feel safer to put a new nut and loctite.

In the future, the worst case scenario: when a new nyloc nut will not work any more, I will have to work on and go with a castle nut and cotter pinIMG_20180828_042316

Itā€™s very important to calibrate the remote each time you turn it on. Sounds like youā€™re not doing that - itā€™s how the board behaves when the remote is not calibrated. Calibration means; turn on remote, full throttle, full brake, turn on board, remote pairs, youā€™re good to go.

The full throttle and full brake part is very important.

1 Like

here is the calibration process

IMG_2580

1 Like

Hi MBS I would like to also mention that on the MBS Matrix 2 that for some reason the left side of the truck dependent on which you look at it the bearing do not fit flush correctly. There is a wobbly feeling which wears down the bearing a lot faster on that side. After riding over 50+ miles I have taken off the wheels and the bearing feels loose like they are breaking apart. Itā€™s on both of my trucks. When I replace it with new bearings they do not sit flushed to the trucks, they feel wobbly like the diameters of the trucks are not even. It feels like the further past the wheel bearing moves outwords the more play it has. Is that by design ?

I am in Colorado Denver close to MBS I can bring it by to show you if needed.

I doā€¦ I use the same calibration process as with my Raptor 2 and whenever I ride a Kalyā€¦ It just seems to do this randomlyā€¦ Like I said you just donā€™t know when itā€™s going to happenā€¦ Maybe itā€™s just my boardā€¦ Itā€™s happen enough times that Iā€™ve identified it & know what to do to make it go away but it keeps coming backā€¦

Interesting about the axle nuts. I received my LaCrox three weeks ago and had a look at the nuts tonight. It appears that all four are short almost one thread from being flush with the nuts. No wheels have been removed yet. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have maybe 25 miles on the board so far.

1 Like

In case anyone wants to build a ā€œMini LaCroixā€ā€¦ :laughing:

DSC00482

7 Likes

So if anyone has seen my build post on the LaCroix, my only real issue is the lack of concave especially where my toes areā€¦ I decided to try to do something about that!

IMG20180923233320

IMG20180923234140

I modelled and printed a 25mm lip right at the corner where my toes are, removed the tape, heat molded it to conform to the curvature, hot glued it down (temporary piece), then glued back the grip tape.

So far it feels much nicer, will bring it for a longer test ride but I think itā€™s an immediate improvement.

Not sure if I need one for the back, maybe notā€¦

The final piece will be printed in TPU then siliconed to the deck with a fresh slab of vicious tapeā€¦

15 Likes

Mind sharing the stl?

Genius ! Just like we did with grip but here with the perfect modeling level ā€¦ itā€™s Awesome man ! Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

@Mobutusan Shawn, Followed your suggestion and made a duct tape protection IMG_20180923_180702 IMG_20180923_182245 Itā€™s not even that ugly imo

@MBS Joel, I removed the washer and that way the axle has 2 threads exposed IMG_20180923_171214_HHT

@BOOSTEDO Jay, my board came with hangers flipped, logo in, I think thatā€™s because of motor mounts and respective grub screw. Thatā€™s why @ervinelin lights mounts didnā€™t fit. I flipped the front hanger and the slide on adapters fit perfectly. But back hanger is impossible to flip due to motor mount. So I just used rubber that came in the light kit. IMG_20180923_173203 IMG_20180923_173128 IMG_20180923_170926_HHT IMG_20180923_170912

Did 16km only but managed to go 44km/h on the main road. The lights are only great to be seen, not to see the road. So I use MecArmy PT16 with just a clip on my sun visor IMG_20180923_172858

5 Likes

@BOOSTEDO Hangers flipped!!! Of course it wonā€™t fit!!! Why didnā€™t I think of thatā€¦ haha

Iā€™ll see if I can model a flipped hanger versionā€¦

2 Likes