LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Its right the shaft is too short.

There is supposed to have a minimum of 2 threads out of the nyloc to be safely locked. I always check the nuts before each ride and some time a quick visual during a longer ride while I wait at a stop light.

For now, it lock OK but after removing the nut a few times, I will feel safer to put a new nut and loctite.

In the future, the worst case scenario: when a new nyloc nut will not work any more, I will have to work on and go with a castle nut and cotter pinIMG_20180828_042316

Itā€™s very important to calibrate the remote each time you turn it on. Sounds like youā€™re not doing that - itā€™s how the board behaves when the remote is not calibrated. Calibration means; turn on remote, full throttle, full brake, turn on board, remote pairs, youā€™re good to go.

The full throttle and full brake part is very important.

1 Like

here is the calibration process

IMG_2580

1 Like

Hi MBS I would like to also mention that on the MBS Matrix 2 that for some reason the left side of the truck dependent on which you look at it the bearing do not fit flush correctly. There is a wobbly feeling which wears down the bearing a lot faster on that side. After riding over 50+ miles I have taken off the wheels and the bearing feels loose like they are breaking apart. Itā€™s on both of my trucks. When I replace it with new bearings they do not sit flushed to the trucks, they feel wobbly like the diameters of the trucks are not even. It feels like the further past the wheel bearing moves outwords the more play it has. Is that by design ?

I am in Colorado Denver close to MBS I can bring it by to show you if needed.

I doā€¦ I use the same calibration process as with my Raptor 2 and whenever I ride a Kalyā€¦ It just seems to do this randomlyā€¦ Like I said you just donā€™t know when itā€™s going to happenā€¦ Maybe itā€™s just my boardā€¦ Itā€™s happen enough times that Iā€™ve identified it & know what to do to make it go away but it keeps coming backā€¦

Interesting about the axle nuts. I received my LaCrox three weeks ago and had a look at the nuts tonight. It appears that all four are short almost one thread from being flush with the nuts. No wheels have been removed yet. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have maybe 25 miles on the board so far.

1 Like

In case anyone wants to build a ā€œMini LaCroixā€ā€¦ :laughing:

DSC00482

7 Likes

So if anyone has seen my build post on the LaCroix, my only real issue is the lack of concave especially where my toes areā€¦ I decided to try to do something about that!

IMG20180923233320

IMG20180923234140

I modelled and printed a 25mm lip right at the corner where my toes are, removed the tape, heat molded it to conform to the curvature, hot glued it down (temporary piece), then glued back the grip tape.

So far it feels much nicer, will bring it for a longer test ride but I think itā€™s an immediate improvement.

Not sure if I need one for the back, maybe notā€¦

The final piece will be printed in TPU then siliconed to the deck with a fresh slab of vicious tapeā€¦

15 Likes

Mind sharing the stl?

Genius ! Just like we did with grip but here with the perfect modeling level ā€¦ itā€™s Awesome man ! Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

@Mobutusan Shawn, Followed your suggestion and made a duct tape protection IMG_20180923_180702 IMG_20180923_182245 Itā€™s not even that ugly imo

@MBS Joel, I removed the washer and that way the axle has 2 threads exposed IMG_20180923_171214_HHT

@BOOSTEDO Jay, my board came with hangers flipped, logo in, I think thatā€™s because of motor mounts and respective grub screw. Thatā€™s why @ervinelin lights mounts didnā€™t fit. I flipped the front hanger and the slide on adapters fit perfectly. But back hanger is impossible to flip due to motor mount. So I just used rubber that came in the light kit. IMG_20180923_173203 IMG_20180923_173128 IMG_20180923_170926_HHT IMG_20180923_170912

Did 16km only but managed to go 44km/h on the main road. The lights are only great to be seen, not to see the road. So I use MecArmy PT16 with just a clip on my sun visor IMG_20180923_172858

5 Likes

@BOOSTEDO Hangers flipped!!! Of course it wonā€™t fit!!! Why didnā€™t I think of thatā€¦ haha

Iā€™ll see if I can model a flipped hanger versionā€¦

2 Likes

I will, once I get the final versionā€¦

After riding a little I think the 25mm is way too thickā€¦ Have reduced it to 15mmā€¦

Yeah I had flipped them Friday Night and it workedā€¦ And no rubbing from my 7" evolve street tires - I was so busy riding and having fun with these Canadian guys I didnā€™t have time to post my findingsā€¦ Sorry my bad @MBS @Grozniy

Lacroix%20Kaly

If you make a flipped version that would make my year!!! May the esk8 gods bless all your ridesā€¦ Peace :pray:t6:

@Arch @Kaly

7 Likes

What a great time that was. Thanks for the memories man. See you soon. Keep on rocking (and breaking balls :wink: )

2 Likes
5 Likes

IMG20180925172535 Printed the concave add ons (whatā€™s the proper name for this?) in TPU so that they can easily conform to the curvature of the deckā€¦

IMG20180925180907

IMG20180925180917

Doesnā€™t look too shabbyā€¦ And now I know exactly where my feet are on the deck without having to look!

Btw, I only placed them on the toe side because thatā€™s where the deck is the flattest and I have the most problems when doing very tight turnsā€¦

3 Likes

What kind of tires are those? any rubbing with the gears/belt? any adjustments made? @ervinelin

1 Like

See here for my build postā€¦

You should open a Lacroix after market shoppeā€¦ How much for the gear driveā€¦ I canā€™t convince @Kaly to make some for the mbs matrix ii trucksā€¦

@Arch I fixed that front truck wiggleā€¦ Just gotta be mindful and keep the bottom washer centered while tightening the nut - had to stare at the parts for like 5 min to figure out what was the issue.

1 Like