Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

100%

I would suggest not even opening the box if you haven’t received it yet.

You may have to take a hit on a restocking fee (I hope you don’t!) but it is going to be worth it in the end.

If you want to build a sick AT board, check out @Kaly’s upcoming stuff. He has a new deck out that is meant for carving, and an awesome helical gear drive that comes with custom spec’ed motors.

There’s tons of resources here, we love building, we want others to build. We get a bit frustrated when people bring up purchasing premade board, but not at the person buying them, but more at the state of the market. The promised specs and safety is never accurate, we see so many people reporting problem after problem that you get due to them trying to be cheap and save money on their production. That’s all @mynamesmatt was trying to get across.

Do yourself a favor, figure out what you want in a board, and start searching on this forum and seeing what can be done. Its not going to be a HUGE difference in money, it all depends on what you place value on. And thats the great part of DIY, you get to choose what features you want your board to have, then get the best quality for YOUR value on that type of part.

Good luck with all of this man, hope you can get out of your evolve purchase and build a true beast here with us.

2 Likes

Got to admit that I maybe thought that the manufacturers are better than they actually are. Maybe it’s really only all about keeping a good margin and since I can built a DIY board myself easily, I just cancelled the order officially.

They said they can still pull the board out of the shipment and I should get my PayPal payment back in a few days.

So let’s talk Mountainboard now.

Focbox or Vesc? Which drives are recommended for trampa boards (motor mounts) ? Any personal remote control favorites?

I might have dodged the bullet…

2 Likes

ESC: Both are great. I have both, prefer the VESC6 but would not hesitate to use any of them.

Drives: For a mountain board only enclosed type. Either go with e-toxx or Trampas offerings (gear or enclosed belt)

Motors:6374 sealed Maytech

Remote: Wait for Trampa’s nrf remote then decide.

Enclosure: As much as I like the looks of underdeck enclosures for Trampa boards, only top mount for off road.

2 Likes

This 1000%, but if you’re not fully off roading( getting serious air off of ramps/ crazy amounts of bottoming out and board flexing) a bottom mounted enclosure with 3 to 4 inches of undercarriage space should be perfectly fine if you’re just doing flat forest paths

Me pasas una lista de componentes, completa, para armar uno muy bueno, gracias.

So I wonder any good shops in Europe that I should check out for sourcing the parts ?

I have a similar Evolve board that only has a different deck (CarbonGT)

• If you own a GTX - what do you love about it? not much
  • What do you hate about it ?! it’s Evolve brand, so all electronics suck
  • What was the most extreme terrain you have been with your board at ? bike path in the heat of summer, pushing board home because it shut down from overexertion
  • Which mods would you recommend ?new battery, new ESC, new remote

You should have come here before you purchased. If you want to go this route, a Metroboard is better in every single way and it’s cheaper.

2 Likes

que? 10char

1 Like

@moon is going to be releasing a gear drive that would work on a MTB.

Or go crazy and get yourself the @Kaly drive. Helical gears, perfectly spec’Ed motors with 10mm shaft. And a custom hangar.

You would just need to buy the other truck and truck base through trampa or mbs (whatever truck you decide)

2 Likes

I was looking at the Trampa Homepage… they are located in Great Britian - however I am not sure if I order now if there will be customs when sending to Austria (because of BREXIT etc.). I heard that they will officially leave the EU end of this month as well (most likely).

holy crap just googling the pirce made me cringe. Be quick and return that board man wtf xD

Hunt down someone selling some quality parts here for same budget and Im guaranteed you’ll end up with a better board. If you cant/dont want to make your own battery, theres people for that too…

1 Like

I can do everything by myself. Just really overestimated the ability of manufacturers… So a little bit disappointed that even with this pricetag they willl use cheap chinese shenzhen stuff in their boards and only make it look bling bling…

So Mountainboard project is ON… just compiling parts at the moment and looking which deck. But I am tempted for the trampa … image

2 Likes

Also I might add that the battery goes about 10 meters in GT mode before being dead. It goes about 7 kilometers in FAST mode before being dead. I don’t know how far it goes in ECO mode because I can’t ride in ECO mode.

I’m going to put a guess that it probably has about 2000 miles on it.

1 Like

Here are the things I would change: Get the Holypro deck.

Instead of the hypa hubs get the Superstar hubs, they are compatible with most drives.

Finally go with the Infinity trucks not the vertigo Hollow trucks

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations!!!

One last thing. Unless you are really lightweight you will need a stiffer deck.

1 Like

I am 74 kg

Get the 16ply

1 Like

So basically this setup should do ? image

I would not get the drive with the motors.

I’m driving right now give me a few minutes till I get home and I will explain

2 Likes